Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Creator, My Friend

It has happened again.
2:00am.
Can't sleep.
Head pounding.
Mind racing.
Neck hurting.
Eyes stinging.

I grabbed my bible. God usually has something to say when this happens.

Nehemiah 9
"Stand up and praise the Lord your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting.
Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you...You have kept your promise because you are righteous...you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love therefore you did not desert them, even when they cast for themselves an image of a calf and said, 'This is your god, who brought you out of Egypt,' or when they committed awful blasphemies...Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the desert. By day the pillar of cloud did not cease to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take. You gave your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold your manna from their mouths, and you gave them water for their thirst. For forty years you sustained them in the desert; they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear nor did their feet become swollen...."

Oh faithful God. You are compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. You have hands that provide, hands that instruct, hands that clothe and feed, hands that comfort. You are gracious and forgiving, You are my Sustainer.
Thank You for sustaining me in my 27 years of life. You have never once left, You are faithful time after time. Blessed be Your glorious name. Thank You for life and for being a creative creator, filling Your children with Your creativity. You are living in me. The God who created the heavens, even the highest of heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. In me. I'm in awe.
I stand in awe and worship You, joining the multitudes of heaven. What an honor to be with You, my Creator, my Friend.
I love You.
In Jesus' name I pray
AMEN!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Love you, Em! Thanks for sharing this passage and your prayer.

Jen said...

What a beautiful start to my day...thank you so much! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night!
Love,
Jen

Jen said...

Wipeout parties would be UH-MAZING!
:D

Connie said...

I wish I could hold you while Don massaged your head for you! Praying for you.