Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rudy's, Bowling, Mustang, Pluckers

My birthday was great. Last Sunday some friends got together at Rudy's BBQ for dinner. I'm thankful for my friends, they are all great! I definitely felt loved!!! Hilary even gave me a Birthday Girl ribbon to wear for the evening...My Saudi friends all went in together and got me some really nice perfume. They are so sweet!
Faisal gave me a BEAUTIFUL Jallabiah from Saudi Arabia! And of course there was cake!
At about 10:30pm we decided that we were going to go bowling...Ali has a Mustang Convertible and I thought that since it was my birthday I should get to ride in it...well...not only did Hilary and I get to ride in it...we got to drive it!...he insisted.I like to give the thumbs upI'm not nervous...reallyJust livin' on the edge! When we got to the bowling ally they were closing it down at 10:30 and having a private party which, I guess, equals...pay $10 and you get unlimited bowling until 2am.It was SO fun! We split into two teams and the losers had to buy dinner. (my team won!)
I had never seen one of these guys before...Aziz is testing it out!
This is what happened when Jordan would get a strike, complete with a leg kick...
This is what happened when both Jordan and I got two strikes in a row...Did I mention that our team won?!?!
So we made it until about 1:30am or so then the guys decided that they were hungry so we headed out to Pluckers. It's a wing place.
Notice the extremely large table. "Everything's bigger in Texas". The guys all sang to me in Arabic. It was great! They are precious!

Pluckers' birthday treat is fried Twinkies. That's right... FRIED twinkies. It was seriously the grossest thing I have ever had. But it was free and it was my birthday so I couldn't say no.
Faisal and Ali enjoyed it!It was a great night...late...but great! I didn't get to sleep until about 3:30am. I'm getting old. It was kickin' my butt...not gonna lie.

11 comments:

Vitamin Z said...

Sexual tension anyone? What a wild and fun mingling of the sexes! You and Hillary won't be single for long! (Or is there something that we need to talk about already?)

emily said...

wow. z.
too bad that they are all either married or dating or Muslim. :) keep praying for our husbands...whoever they are!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great b-day! You deserve it.

p.s. married, dating or Muslim isn't working out.....find some single guys STAT! :)

Kelli B said...

i dont know of two more beautiful people. i LOVE this last picture of you gals. LOVE it. i'm going to steal a copy of it and post it on my blog sometime :)

seriously em! i wish i could move down there and live by you and hang out with you. you guys look like tons of fun!

hope you are well.

hilary said...

...in addition to what Em said, another small detail is that the average age of each friend was about 19! ha!ha! Z...the gals couldn't keep up that night. The only reason we did was because Emily was the birthday girl! It was hilarious!!

Meghan said...

Hey Em-
Is that what Chris called old man syndrome?
Oh Z is funny...that is actually what I was thinking too! Not the sexual tension part, but the single part:)
I love living in Texas through you gals. I am so glad you are together down there. Love you both!

emily said...

right on Hilary!
Megs, OMS hit HARD! I wish that you were actually living in TX with us!!!

Meghan said...

Um Em...what is OMS? I am not up to date with this stuff.

Meghan said...

HA! I figured it out! Oh my. Oh I remember the good 'ole days of OMS...Chris would never let you live those times down. Krystal and Lindsay came to visit last Friday and for some reason I got on the story of how we went on the paper route with Chris and how he ran over the mailbox! Dear so and so, I am Chris your paperboy and I ran over you rmailbox. Ha ha! I will never forget that. Love ya!

Julian said...

Hi Y-Lime! I'm glad you had a fun b-day! I had to comment about how disgusting those fried twinkies looked LOL :D

emily said...

Y-Lime!! That was great! that was a blast from the past too!! You rock!
Meg- you are SO funny! I'm glad that you got OMS! I think we could seriously make a blog about all of our crazy experiences living together...water fight...ably house...mice...peeing pants...karoke on the balcony...oh...I could go on! "We're Meghan and Emily and we're here to say..." I'll stop at that!!!