Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Florida of Fun

According to my google desktop countdown...I have 9 days left before I get to hang out with these two beautiful girls...
Andrea...aka AJ Johnson and Christy...aka...Mich. One lives in Chicago and one lives in New York. They are DEAR friends of mine and we try to get together at least once a year.
This time we are headed to Florida!! woo hoo!!!!! I've never been to Florida before. We are staying with Christy's aunt who has a nice house and a pool AND lives 20 minutes from the beach!!!! With these girls brings LOTS and LOTS of laughter. Which turns into snorting from laughing so hard...that sometimes results in peeing our pants. I really think I've added many years onto my life from laughing. I LOVE to laugh.
I can't wait!!!!!! I will get to spend 10 days with them! 10 days!!!!!! I'm sure I will have lots of blog stories!
Bummer thing about it is that Hilary is not able to come with us. :( She will be missed. It will definitely not be the same.

7 comments:

Connie said...

EM!!!!! Remember the conversation we had on the phone about Florida??? You didn't mention that Hilary wasn't going. I think you just added at least 20-30 more gray hairs to my head. And don't give me that "God is sovereign" stuff - I know that.

Anonymous said...

Connie...that was hilarious!

emily said...

Oh mom! I love you and I love that you worry about me. I feel loved! We have detailed plans and we are all getting to the airport at the same time. We will have a meeting place and our cell phones and it will be fine! I guess I just like to make you get on your knees more!You and God must have lots of good conversations!

Anonymous said...

Geez, mom. She's 26 years old. She just ACTS like she's half that. Ha, Ha.

hilary said...

Ohhhh...I am already missing you and you haven't even left yet! Yes, it's been a summer of canceled plans for me. BUT God continues to surprise me as I walk the path He's asked me to. I love you gals...and look forward to next year's vacation :-)

hilary said...

Connie! I just read your comment! I must tell you that Emily has grown into a very responsible and "street smart" gal. In fact, just the other day, she finally realized that she probably shouldn't just leave her purse in the shopping cart while she browses the shelves at the supermarket. I'm sure she's told you...we balance each other out in EVERY way! My extremes can be a little ridiculous (I must admit)...but hopefully some of my "what-if-paranoias" will prove to be helpful as she travels :-) She's really becoming a pro at this travel thing. :-)

Yes, God is sovereign AND loving...something we all need to remember and rest in...especially me! :-)

sara lyn said...

hey, where are you going to be in FL? i'm here right now, too! we are about 20 miles south of daytona...going to be anywhere around there?? :)