Sunday, June 03, 2007

Birthday Packages!

It was a little different this year for my birthday. I'm in Austin.
Every other birthday that I have had has been celebrated with my family. Laura's birthday is just two days ahead of me so we would usually celebrate our birthdays together...but not this year, this year was different. I'm in Austin.
It ended up being ok. It was fun to receive packages in the mail throughout the week before my birthday...and of course...I like presents...who doesn't?! I couldn't wait until my birthday, I had to open them right away...I didn't even wait for Hilary. You can call me a little childish.
The first present arrived and was a beautiful necklace from Jill. LOVE IT!!! It came in this cute little tin. It's reversible so one side is pink and one side is green! The second present came a couple days later from my mom. Again, Hilary wasn't home...but I couldn't wait. I probably should have because it made me sad that I wasn't home. It's ok...you can call me a baby.
My mom sent me a couple of skirts that she made for me. I love them! Here is a pic of one of them.She also sent some other fun stuff, some flip flops, a ring and most importantly I got this back...It's a journal that we are sending back and forth to each other (I got the idea from some of my friends!) I gave it to her for Mother's Day and we basically do whatever in it...cut out pictures...write random thoughts...write something serious...just be goofy...Like this for instance...Wow...I love it! It's been fun so far!
Then came the last package the day before my birthday. Hilary was actually home for this one so she took some pictures. This was from the McCarraghers...
Can you tell that I like packages in the mail?!
So Laura and I had a conversation about what I wanted for my birthday...somehow we got on the topic of pool toys and we got to laughing, imagining a raft coming in the mail or even a noodle! So I opened the box and there it was!
My very own noodle!
There was also a suspicious card...
With this guy in it! (and a gift certificate!)
Thank you family! I love you all!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ride, Sally, Ride! You are gonna use the heck outta that pool noodle!

emily said...

I KNEW "Ride, Sally, Ride! Would come up! That's awesome!!!!

Kelli B said...

what awesome gifts! seriously. you crack me up em. so funny!

love the skirts and journal!!! that'd be awesome to be able to make clothes...i need to bust out my sewing machine and learn. and that's AWESOME you guys are keeping a journal too! it's the best thing ever. i love love love it.

you get the award for blog queen this weekend! :)

emily said...

Kelli-
Thanks for giving me the award! You are funny! I go in spurts with the blogging...it's like I am quiet for awhile and then come with fury! I wish that you were down here with us!!

Anonymous said...

wow, you and that monkey look related!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...and is that cowboy mom sent you wearing a red bathing suit??