Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's HOT.

So...why is it that I moved to Texas?!?!?! Someone may have to remind me!!!
It is stinkin' HOT!!! and it's only June.
really, it's not that bad...for those of you who were thinking of coming to visit me...hint hint! :) It helps that we have a pool in our apartment complex and I pretty much go there as soon as I get home from work!
It was cute today at work our office supply guy, Raul, delivered some boxes and we usually talk when he comes in and we've gotten to know each other. He calls me his friend! He is probably in his late 60's maybe even early 70's, and he has a strong accent. He is PRECIOUS! Anyway he mentioned how hot it was and then he said to me, "I bet it's quite different than your country (meaning Iowa!) ! It's very hot here! I bet it makes you want to go back to Iowa!"--imagine it being said in a thick accent! It was really cute!
Another cute Raul story...the other day he just stopped what he was doing and said, "You just have the most beautiful eyes. They are so green and so pretty."(again, imagine the accent) It was so cute and so sweet! I love old people!

8 comments:

emily said...

Notice the time I posted this post. 11:11! Seriously...I ALWAYS look at the clock at 11:11. Isn't that weird!?!!

Connie said...

re: 11:11 - Your body is probably telling you to go to bed!!!
the heat: I got to thinking and wondering how it is effecting your layers, I don't know why that concerns me, but it does!
Raul: he sounds so sweet. Iowa sounds like a country away to him, but Texas seems like a country away to me.

Connie said...

Do you notice the time of this posting??? hmmmmmm I had a really bad dream and a headache, so I'm up for a bit on the computer- a dangerous combination, but.....

Anonymous said...

I want to meet Raul! He sounds hilarious! Have you seen Nacho Libre? With Jack Black? Hilarious also...half the stuff they say wouldn't be that funny without the accent! I love that movie! Cute stories...

Anonymous said...

Raul sounds fabulous! You do have beautiful eyes. WHAT was Connie saying about layers!?! She may need to get some sleep!

emily said...

Mom. wow! that was late...or early...I hope that you got some sleep.
Carrie-Mom was referring to how my family (especially Joe) makes fun of me because I wear layers. I'll wear two tank tops and then a shirt over that. I think Joe counted one time and I had five different layers on. :)
Gret-Nacho Libre was hilarious!!! I LOVE Jack Black. Hilary thinks that I'm going to marry someone like that!

Anonymous said...

Emily- I can take care of that...Joe's co worker looks exactly like Jack Black, he gets mistaken for him all the time. You want me to hook you up-just say the word. Although I don't know if I recommend hooking up with an accountant- they're crazy, much crazier than Jack Black.

Meghan said...

Oh I have to add my two cents in on that one Laura! I think you should hook them up...then you all can go on double dates...how fun would that be?? You make me laugh.