Monday, June 04, 2007

A Night with the Thomson's and a Storm

Last night Hilary and I went over to our friends house for dinner. Matt and Erin used to live above us in our apartment complex and they now live a couple of blocks down from us in a house. We miss them, even though they are still really close. They have a lovely house and a great backyard that they put lots of work into.
Matt likes to swing on his rope or climb it...but mostly swing...They have this cool record player thing and I started looking through their records and came across some oldies but goodies...It brought me straight back to my childhood...these were a few that we had back in the day...Matt found a ladybug on the counter and said something like, "Hey there...how did you get out..." or something along those lines...and he pulls out of the refrigerator a container FULL of ladybugs...Random. And funny. But I guess they are for his compost pile...or something. One little guy happened to get away so he picked it up and put it back in the container and put it back in the refrigerator! Hilary and I had decided to walk over since their house was so close and at that time it was nice out...and no sign of rain. Well, while we were having dinner it started pouring down rain. HUGE. So we look at each other and say...FUN! Let's run home in the rain!!! Matt gentlemanly offered to give us a ride several times...but we insisted that making memories would be better! It was great! There were streams of water running down the streets. It was SO fun!
This is us in our parking lot running through the water that was falling down off of the roof.We were wet.
Once again, another random night.

4 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

you crazy kids! Hmm, never heard of ladybugs in the fridge, although I've had plenty of fishing worms in my fridge. It's ok, as long as you don't get it confused with the butter.

Kelli B said...

that's awesome!

okay, i think we are really sisters. Those records are from MY childhood...were we sisters switched at birth? ;)

i love the rain - and love that you guys played in it! We did that the ohter night, i shoulda snagged some photos. my fave are the ones of you and hilary with your wet clothes...cracks me up!

ladybugs in the FRIDGE? Is he crazy??? That is TOTALLY random!!!

hilary said...

I feel bad for whoever has the next birthday...because they are totally getting a tub full of ladybugs!...2000 count, mind you! Fun!!!

Joanna Kay said...

I laughed so hard at your wet picture, Em. You are a nut.
Ha ha ha! I love running in the rain. Last time I ran in the rain I could hear my roommate explaining to the kids we were babysitting that only "little children play in the rain" and as if on cue, I burst into the room. Nice entrance I must say.
Must be my child-like heart, I guess.