Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weepy Lights.

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time is to grab my guitar turn the lights out sit by the Christmas tree and sing by the light of the tree. I love it. There is something soothing about Christmas tree lights. That is how I'm ending my night. After a crazy, long, emotional and up and down week tonight I'm sitting by the tree, reflecting on worship today. It was intense. Intense in a good way.
I'm still in awe of how God has placed me in the position of helping lead worship at my church. It is an unbelievable experience getting to worship with these guys. Seriously. We only had two services today but I feel like I just ran a marathon or something. I'm always so surprised at how spent I am at the end of a Sunday. It's just so intense. In a good way.
These last two Sundays Matt has been preaching on the song "O Holy Night" at church. Y'all need to go listen to it. It will wreck you.

O holy night! The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'
Til He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,

For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.


Fall on your knees! O, hear the angels' voices!

O night divine, O night when Christ was born;

O night divine, O night, O night Divine.


Truly He taught us to love one another;

His law is love and His gospel is peace.

Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;

And in His name all oppression shall cease.

Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,

Let all within us praise His holy name.


Christ is the Lord! O praise His Name forever,

His power and glory evermore proclaim.

His power and glory evermore proclaim.


SO good.
I'm so weepy. And tired. God is stirring in me and I'm trying to figure out what in the world is going on, other than I'm such a girl and I cry about everything lately.
I'm going to get back to my Christmas tree lights and then go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing. intense. beautiful. that is what these sundays have been. i too have been filled with weepy tears of worship to a God who loves us so! thank you for leading us to love on Him. He is so good! may your Christmas be blessed, sweet Emily. ~ love, valerie

Kelli B said...

This is the #1 song on my Christmas play list. It is so so so good. I am going to listen to the podcast, it sounds awesome.

No matter whether I'm driving in a car, walking in a mall, or singing it at church, I weep. it's such a powerful song.