Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Need a Few More Layers.

I'm a little embarrassed by my lack of blogging. Seriously. So sad. I'm sorry!

I know that I shouldn't complain, because the high in Iowa is 9 degrees and my roomie is in N. Dakota right now visiting family and the high is -4 degrees, but I'm FREEZING!!!
We had a high today of 36 degrees...that is cold for Austin. And what is worse is that the heater in our apartment is not working. A boiler is out and won't be fixed for another couple of weeks. They gave us space heaters, but since our apartment is not renovated and is completely ghetto when Hilary and I both have our space heaters on at the same time we blow fuses, light bulbs...not good. The electricians now have to come in and install a new breaker box so that we don't blow up our apartment.
Two little space heaters does not really heat up an apartment well. I'm laying in bed right now with 3 blankets on socks, and you don't want to know how many layers of clothes, I would get made fun of more than I already do about my layers. It's a little ridiculous. It's seriously 50 degrees in our apartment. Maybe not 50 degrees...but it's below 60 degrees...for sure.
I completely admit that I have become a total wimp since I've moved to TX. I admit it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel your pain, Emmy...our furnace wasn't working last night and I was so nervous Jack would get cold... but Joe got it fixed! I was running space heaters off and on until he did to keep little Jack warm.

How are you? Love you!!!!!!!

elly said...

i'm more of a wimp... i wear a winter jacket when it's 65 out. my family has already disowned me.

it was 75 here today. i will say, though, when it does get cold, it's even colder INSIDE. there's no indoor heating, anywhere in Taiwan! and the buildings are made to keep the cool in, so it can get chilly! i have a space heater too! :-)

Joanna Kay said...

Emily. I totally agree. It's 49 degrees here in LA and I'm covered up in two fleece blankets.
Brrrrr!!!!!!!!!
I, too have become a winter wimp.

Connie said...

You know we really don't feel your pain here in Iowa, don't you, Em? We've got a -15 windchill factor and snow. And more snow coming, oh, but first sleet, then the snow. This will be Thurs. and Fri. It is acting a lot like last year and it isn't winter yet. I might have to come see you and snuggle in with yellow blankey.