Monday, December 01, 2008

Iowa

So I realize that I have been a MAJOR slacker in my blogging. Sorry!

I need to get better at this.

I just got back last night from a last minute trip to Iowa! I surprised my mom. She had no idea. We had bets going as to how she was going to respond. The majority of them being that she would pee her pants.
No one was expecting the noise that came out of her mouth though. It was amazing. We have it all on video, I'll post it as soon as I get it put together. I already warned my mom that it was going up on the blog...it's too good not to post it for the world to see. She was ok with it.

I loved being back, even though it was short. I'm used to 10 day trips!

The kids all looked HUGE. It was so great spending time with them and snuggling with those who would let me snuggle with them. The McCarragher boys seem to be getting too old for that. :( The Brown boys are very affectionate and so I can always get hugs out of them! But Max was still getting used to me, he would try not to make eye contact when I would talk to him and then sometimes he would just close his eyes. He is very expressive and has lots of funny lip expressions that he does. There were a few times that he would actually snuggle with me and play with me. I LOVED every minute of it! Sweet boy. Each day was a new day though, and he had to start over with getting comfortable with me!

Lily Margaret was as girly as ever and I LOVE IT!!! She is very girl amidst all of those boys. She is lovely, so lovely. When we weren't together she would always ask, "Where's my Emmy?" I love her. We got to snuggle and watch "The Wittle Wormaid" (the little mermaid) together on Sunday morning. She didn't mind that I sort of dozed off. :) When you get a sweet little girl laying on you with all sorts of blankies and stuffed animals you can't help but get sleepy! It's the best feeling ever.

We played a crazy game of charades that put another check on the "someone almost peeing their pants" chart. Be looking for videos on that too!

I got to spend some time with my friend, Meghan, which is always a blast. She was my roommate for several years and we always laugh a lot! She is expecting her second child in 3 weeks and I loved looking at her belly. I just find it so fascinating! She said that it's not so fascinating when you're the one that's 8 1/2 months pregnant. :) She is beautiful!

It SNOWED!! Saturday night into Sunday it started snowing. It was beautiful...but I'm glad that I got to leave it. It was cold. VERY cold.

I will post pics and videos when I get a chance!

4 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

um, I need you to get right on that video, because my blog post hinges on that video. So hurry up.

Jen said...

UM...I'm with Jill...seriously...hurry up.

Anonymous said...

Em, it was so awesome to run into at church this past Sunday. What sweet surprise. I'm sure your mom was so surprised and excited to see you. Can't wait to see the video. I wish we had had more time to chat and catch up. Love you girl!

Meghan said...

Em~
It was great to hang out with you and with your family as well. I am so blessed by our friendship. Love ya!