Thursday, February 01, 2007

Jesus IS better than Diet Coke

In my attempts to lose all of the weight that I gained since Thanksgiving, I have decided to cut back on my Diet Coke and any Diet Pop intake. (Notice I said "pop", they don't say that in TX, everything is a "Coke" no matter what the actual name is. They'll ask you what kind of "coke" do you want. weird.)
Anyway, I have also come to realize that I am addicted to it!
So confession: 3-4 cans everyday. Not good. It's like my coffee. It's hard when at work there is a whole refrigerator of free pop. Including Diet Coke. This week it got to the point where I would just grab a can when I got to work at 8:00am. I was starting that early!
I really don't drink water a whole lot. Just pop and milk. How horrible is that!? So I have decided that in my attempts to treat my body well, I have taken up drinking water.
Today is my first day of no Diet Coke. So far so good. I have a little bit of a headache. But I have already gone through one bottle of water and on my second! I do think this will be a good thing. I am limiting myself to no more than one can a day, if at all.
I'll keep you updated!
Any of you other Diet Pop addicts let me know if you want to start a support group! HA! j/k

10 comments:

davenportdiocese said...

dear sister...count me in as a member of your DPA group! i am switchin' to more water too. actually i'm an official tea-tottler. but jenn tells me it's alot better than DP. i love you!!!

Shadley said...

uh oh, me too! i think i drink b/t 4-5 c. a day...not good! i guess just b/c its diet doesn't mean its good for you! i read that it actually intensifies your desire for sweets! oops~

Shadley said...

that's c. for cups, not cans! though that's not much better!

Meghan said...

Shadley- is it really cups or cans? You got me fooled whichever it is.

Anonymous said...

Ya - I was living off of Diet Coke up until last March. My doctor got me off of it because of the Caffeine, and that it's just nothing that does any good for your body, plus it can make you crave other foods as well. He got me drinking water and I worked really hard to get to the point now where I can easily drink water with all my meals and inbetween and I don't mind it at all. In fact, I'm starting to enjoy it. And water has so many things that ARE good for you! I feel so much better at night without all the caffeine. I don't feel all antsy, I sleep better, and have more energy during the day.

- J

Kelli B said...

i'm so proud of you! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We call it soda down south.
Pop and milk is not such a bad combo. The Pop robs your body of calcium and the milk replaces it. Perfect match!
Just be careful though cuz the caffine can lead to stones.

Nixter said...

Good work girl - you can do it. I had the headaches when I gave up coffee a few years ago. They do get better. I drink coffee again now just not as much. I am not a big pop drinker but do get a craving occasionally.

The healthy way of life is going well for me, going to the gym 5-6 times a week and trying to be good with diet.

Let's remember to encourage one another.

William Flinn said...

Wait...if I understand this correctly, you're saying that my 6 am can of Coke is a bad thing?