Friday, February 09, 2007

King Cake

Today at work we had a "King Cake". This was all new to me, I had never heard of this. I guess it is a Mardi Gras tradition. A client that we work with sent one to us FedEx! So today we opened it up and it's a round pastry looking thing that is decorated with all different colors. And inside the cake is a little plastic baby. So the tradition is that whoever is served the piece with the baby in it, hosts the next party. The tradition that they have at work is, whoever has the baby has to serve the cake next year. They all forgot who got the baby last year so they made me serve up the cake, and wear the beads. I did not get the piece with the baby in it. It was so random. If you want to read more about it go here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you remember when we were little and we had a little baby like that and it had the mini crib and mini stroller and mini high chair??? wow, memory flashback. Jill??

Anonymous said...

I love the king's cake. Trey's client sent us one and it was excellent! How cute is the baby?

emily said...

I SO know what you are talking about Laura. It was a little plastic pink crib. I bet it's still around somewhere in the ole toy box. It was funny, because I had it sitting on my Perspectives book on the table at home and it happened to be laying with it's butt in the air and Hilary saw it and was wondering what the deal was with the baby!! She had to wait until I got home that night to hear the story, she had never seen one before!