Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some Notes

Tonight I was reading over some notes that I had taken back in August, shortly after I moved to Austin. It was from a message that I listened to by Beth Moore entitled "Living Beyond Yourself."
It just so happened that it was all stuff that I needed to hear tonight and thought that I would share with y'all.

"God is still happening!"

"We have the Holy Spirit in us when we accept Jesus. We have the same Holy Spirit that the disciples had in them!"

"Christ in us guarantees life in heaven, but also having Christ in us grants the astounding invitation to live beyond ourselves on earth."

John 14:1, 15-17 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father and he will give you another counselor to be with you forever-the spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him for he lives with you and will be in you."

"Holy Spirit never comes without power."

"Holy Spirit-counselor forever-Spirit of Truth."

"God calls us to live far beyond what we are able. In Christ we can do what we can't. Holy Spirit comes and lives-filling us completely and so that we bear fruit."

"Being filled with the Spirit won't just change my life it will change my day."

"We have the privilege to be different."

"He can change our immediate needs. It will not be just an eternal thing."
Psalm 27:13 "We have confidence in knowing that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

"We are called to exclamation mark living!!!!!"

"In Christ we are different, we are not stuck with any personality flaw we may think we have."

"My purpose is beyond me. Your purpose is not in your comfort zone."

Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."

"Press on, strain towards what is ahead. My seasonal circumstances are often beyond me. My unrelenting daily demands are beyond me."

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him but God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things even the deep things of God."

Colossians 1:29 "To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy which so powerfully works in me."

"By the Spirit I will do the things I couldn't, Feel the things I didn't, and Know the things I wouldn't"

"Be incapable of doing what you can't than you will know that God is God."

"A powerful masquerading misery-maker, is living inside ourselves-Come out! Exclamation mark living!! Come out of the tomb of self."

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in him] shall change and renew their strength and power, they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun] they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint or become tired."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCLAMATION LIVING! yes!!!! I am finally figuring that out in my old age!