Sunday, February 11, 2007

Identify

Tonight was the first night of a class that I am taking at church called "Identify". It's a class for women and we will be talking about identifying a woman's identity, a woman's worth, a woman's role, a woman's contentment in singleness/purity in dating, a woman's leadership, a woman's bridegroom and a woman's community. There are two incredible women who are leading this study and tonight they shared their testimonies. It was amazing to hear about their life and I'm thankful and humbled to be taught by them this semester. I will try to update each week with what I am learning.
A couple of things that hit me tonight from their testimonies, I was overwhelmed and brought to tears when I think about walking down the aisle to my Groom who is my Lord and Savior. If that is the only aisle that I walk down, and that I walk down to HIM and meet HIM face to face and to see HIS eyes filled with so much love and passion for me, than that is fine with me!
I can't help but be SO in love with Jesus when I think about what He has saved me from and how He has redeemed me and continues to redeem me over and over and over again. He has taken me through a lot and He has lifted me out of many pits and it has all brought me to a position of humbleness, on my face before Him in awe of His love that continues to be perfect and complete.
I feel like since I have been in Austin I have had such a huge growth spurt in my relationship with Jesus.
It has been cool to see God's faithfulness in my obedience to follow Him and step out into "the unknown"--Austin. It's exciting to think about the future and know that there will not be a day when God stops working and refining me by taking me through more stuff and getting me out of more pits and how He will use those things to move me closer to Him. Oh...He is good!

2 comments:

jamie said...

that's great em! glad you get to interact with so many godly people! it brings me back to when we went to subway a couple years ago- remember that? and you were talking about how you just needed to go- you knew you did but you weren't sure. then we all thought we were going to go to san antonio- and then a year or so later the Lord opened up the door for you to go to austin.. you took that huge step- and God has proven Himself faithful once again!
love ya em

emily said...

Jamie, I do remember that! Isn't it crazy to think about?! I get goosebumps when I think about it all. Even the ugly stuff that took me a little off the path, but YES God IS faithful and sovereign and GOOD!