Friday, April 03, 2009

Struggle

My friend Kate shared this song with me, and it wrecked me.
I've been getting wrecked out a lot lately...can you tell?!
SO GOOD!
Her friend Jamie Lipe wrote and recorded this song "Struggle". She is on staff at River City House of Prayer in San Antonio...

Here are the lyrics:

I was starting to believe the fear that was slowly crippling me
I was starting to embrace all the many things he told me as if it were the truth
he told me I was weak, that I would fail, that I shouldn't even try
Inadequate, not good enough, lacking so much that I needed to succeed.
Oh God, how could you allow me to dream so big, here I sit vulnerable to all
I just want to be held tight in the arms of security knowing everything will be ok
You've given me abilities and therefore expect a response but God it's a big responsibility
Examination of my heart, it's what you've caused me to do
Now I see how much I've been running.
But no more will I run, no more will I run away from the things you've called me to do
NO
NO more will I sit, crippled with fear, I'm tired of not living

Now to you everyone listening, I want to encourage you.
Don't let fear hold you back from what you know God has called you to do
For you have not been given,
No you have not been given a spirit of fear, not not a spirit of fear
But a spirit of power of love and of a sound mind, so take it and run, take it and run.
Reach for the sky and everything it holds for you
Don't look back to the things I've said you could never be.
Someone great lives inside you just waiting to come out
To be made known, you've gotta choose to make Him known.
Take the time to realize who you are

Don't be quiet, don't be silent now

Don't let fear hold you down
Don't let it steal your life away
For in the end when all has ended and you assess, have no regrets
So now, declare him loud, declare him strong
For he has declared His love for you
Declare Him loud, declare Him strong
For nothing else matters now
Declare Him now, declare Him strong, strong, strong
No more holding back

1 comment:

Sharon Lobb said...

oh yal...these words move me too, em. who sings it and is it on youtube? i must hear it!