Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spiritual Inventory

My friend Fabs shared this article today from Apostles Church. It was VERY convicting.
It's taking a spiritual inventory of your life and asking some hard questions....here are the questions that the author and pastor JR Vassar, wrote:

Do I love Jesus with a demonstrable love? Is there anything or anyone that I love more deeply than Jesus or pursue more intensely than Jesus?

Do I look forward to spending time with Jesus in the Scriptures and in prayer? Do I miss out on other things to spend time with Him?

Am I regularly discovering new things in the Word of God that impact my daily life?

Do I sincerely desire and intend to obey God in every area of my life? Do I sincerely desire purity of heart, mind and body?

Do I sense the Holy Spirit's presence in my life leading me and strengthening me? (If He were to leave my life, would I sense a great loss?)

Do I sincerely confess my sins to God with a broken heart? When did I last weep over sin in my life?

Is there anything in my life I am hiding from others that I am afraid will be exposed?

Is there anything in my life right now that I know displeases God, but I am not willing to repent of?

Do I spontaneously and whole-heartedly give thanks to God for saving me by His grace?

Do I give my resources regularly and sacrificially to see God's purposes for this world fulfilled?

Is my life marked more by thanksgiving or by complaining and criticizing?

Do I sincerely love others and seek their good as passionately as I seek my own? Am I as patient and forgiving toward others' failures as I am toward my own?

Do I show genuine humility toward others? When have I recently sacrificed my time and money for the good of others?

Am I able to admit when I am wrong and able to say to others, "I am sorry, please forgive me." Or, am I slow to admit failure and do I make excuses for my behavior?

Have I forgiven others the wrong done to me? Or, do I have bitterness toward others who have wronged me?

Am I currently grieving the Holy Spirit with unloving attitudes and harmful actions toward others?

Do I truly desire for my friends to know Jesus and honor him with their lives? Do I earnestly pray for His increased fame and renown in my city?

2 comments:

Connie said...

I think the older a person gets, the more natural some of those things become, yet there are some that "took my inventory" so to speak!!! That's good stuff

Shelly said...

Wow. Conviction. Deep. Thank you. Much needed.