Wednesday, April 08, 2009

He Is Good.

Unbelievable.
This last Tuesday night was our First Tuesday Prayer meeting and it is always a powerful night...but there was something different about that night. Still trying to process through that one.
I seriously thought Jesus was coming back!
I really thought that I was going to open my eyes and see Him right in front of me. It was a powerful, powerful night.
Aaron led the night with worship and prayer and I had the privilege to help him lead worship. I'm always so humbled when God calls me to do this, He is so big and I am so small. Leading people into His presence seems like a huge deal when you think about the greatness of God.
It is a huge deal...He's famous and I am not.
Seems crazy that He would use a broken, messed up, unfaithful sinner like me.
But He likes to do that.
I came Tuesday night broken...my heart and my soul sort of felt like it had been crumpled and ripped up. God has been showing me the condition of my heart and it has not been fun. But it's good...because God is good.
In God showing me the condition of my heart, there was a sweet brokenness that led me to a deep place with Jesus of desiring Him more. I have cried out numerous times this week, "You are all I want...You are all I need". I knew coming to prayer and leading worship was going to be intense. When there is a deepness in your heart for Jesus in the middle of brokenness...He is going to do amazing, powerful things in worship. And He did.
One of the songs that we did was a new song that Aaron wrote. God is all over this song. It was POWERFUL! SO good. The name of Jesus is beautiful.
Here are the words:

There is a name that moves
A name so wonderful
The pow'r to rend the Heavens
And the peace to still the storm

His name is Jesus, Jesus
The Lamb of God the Lord Most High
He is Jesus

There is a name that loves
A name so wonderful
The One that loves the sinner
And heals the broken heart

His name is Jesus, Jesus
The Lamb of God, the Lord Most High
He is Jesus

All glory and fame
Be unto the One who reigns, Yes You reign
All Heaven and earth
Rejoice at the sound of Your name, of Your name

There is a name that saves
A name so wonderful
His blood has sealed our pardon
Through the triumph of the cross

Oh man...my heart is welling up with Hallelujahs as I type this out and sing it in my head! Just want to dance!
It's a beautiful thing to be on the stage looking out over the jam packed room full of people SHOUTING out songs to Him, hands raised, people getting after it. It's humbling and it makes me so full. God is truly truly amazing.
God's timing is funny sometimes.
I also got to lead worship last night at my Recovery class that I'm taking. With all that God is doing in my heart this week and through this class I felt God leading me to do two songs that talked about God being enough. The first song was "This is Our God" from Hillsong. (I mentioned this song in a previous post)
I encouraged them to fall at Jesus' feet and what a beautiful thing it is that we can come to Him as we are.
"Your grace is enough, more than I need"
"I am restored, I am redeemed by Your Spirit I am free"
"I will fall at Your feet, I will fall at Your feet...and I will worship You here"
"Freely You gave it all for us, surrendered Your life upon that cross, Great is the love poured out for all...this is Our God. Lifted on high from death to life, forever our God is glorified Servant and King, rescued the world...this is our God"

God is so good. He has called me to worship Him, to lead in that and be used by Him with my life. I love that during a time where my heart is being refined and torn apart to get at the junk...He is allowing healing and beauty to happen in the midst of the call He has put on my life. It is putting a great confidence in me that God is the controller and that He is capable of using me despite being weak, broken and incapable of holding it together. That is when He gets GREAT glory!
I LOVE IT!
These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy. Crazy good.
Leading worship for Easter services with Aaron, Andy and a big choir...leading worship with Jimmy and a band next Tuesday night down by San Marcos...Kate and I are leading worship for a women's conference just outside of Houston the weekend of the 17th...then a Mom's prayer night for the Stone on the 21st.
whoah.
God is good!!!
SO GOOD!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

those lyrics are amazing - just what I needed to think about! :) Thanks, Em!

codi said...

Love the lyrics, too! Thanks for your sweet comments last week! Gabe loved you so much, and was always thrilled when you sang at church (the rest of us were thrilled, too!). It was fun to check your blog and see a little picture of what life is like for you now! Blessings to you!

Connie said...

In calling yourself broken, messed up, and unfaithful, also remember that you are a sweet child of His and like the old saying goes, "God doesn't make junk!"