Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Sunday. Easter. Jesus.

It was a beautiful day. Probably one of the most powerful Sundays we've had at Austin Stone.
We led worship with a choir and it was amazing. Matt brought a strong message of defining what a Christ follower should look like. You can listen to it here.
Here is a quote from his sermon that I loved:
"We all have sinned against an infinite God and we all deserve an infinite punishment...But God stepped in and took on infinite punishment through Jesus Christ...so we can have infinite life."
It was a crazy Sunday...with the first two services in the morning we had already reached around 4,000 people! We still had our two evening services to go! They were both packed out too! So many people that got to experience the power of God and many unbelievers who got to hear the truth of the gospel!! God is GOOD!!
Here are some pics that some people took of the day...At the end of Matt's sermon there was a video done by Jeremy Rodgers of different people in our church who have experienced the power of Jesus in their lives.
It is SO powerful. I've seen this done before, with the cardboard signs...and I have always been so moved by it. This time they are people I know....I seriously cried um...4 out of the 4 services!
So beautiful to see lives that have been changed by the power of the cross and the power of the resurrection! I love it!
These people are real. They truly have been captivated by Christ's love and have been transformed by HIS power.
Here is the video...

Cardboard Stories from The Austin Stone on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

So Em. I've been thinking. Thinking back to say, 2006, when you and Hilary moved to Austin. I am remembering all the unknowns and uncertainties you had about what God would do/how He would use you in your new city.

It is entirely exciting for me to look and read into your life now three years later. God has moved in such powerful ways, and He has opened up awesome opportunities in your life! I'm so thankful and thrilled at how your life has evolved and transformed by His grace.

Also, I LOVE cardboard testimonies. I've seen it at a few churches here and online - it's totally powerful. How can you NOT cry!?! I love the transforming work of the Lord.

Love you sister.

Jenna said...

that is a sweet video - I am tearing up at work!

Shelly said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful gift and spirit with Austin Stone. You are truly blessed!