Friday, April 17, 2009

Signature Dance Moves=Good Times

Kate and I are heading out today to lead worship for a women's retreat with some people from her home church. We are heading west to a retreat center.
I'm really looking forward to getting away for the weekend and spending lots of time with God. Leading worship is still sometimes scary for me...I just don't like the talking part. I'm learning more and more about releasing it all and letting the Spirit lead and trusting Him that when He wants me to talk He will give me words and when He wants me to just sing...I'll just sing.
I like to just sing and worship.
We practiced last night at Jimmy's, since we needed a keyboard, and it was a sweet sweet time. Kate and I are both dealing with some crazy allergy issues, she was dealing with some nasal blockage and I was dealing with some crazy throat weirdness. So it made for some interesting sounds...but it is so fun to do music together. God has gifted her with amazing talent and creativity...it seems that when we get together to work on stuff, God gives us sweet creativity in putting songs together. I'm excited about how this has come together.
It also seems that when we get together to work on stuff...we get REAL silly. Let's just say that some fun music was being played on the piano while I pulled out one of my signature dance moves, water was spit out from laughing so hard, opera singing to It is Well, wheezing and on the ground laughing all took place. We thought we were safe being in the laundry room with the door closed on one end of the house...but when we were finished we walked out to Jimmy shaking his head saying, "y'all are hilarious!"
BUSTED.
Whatevs. You know how we do...
I'm tired today and the craziness that has been non-stop the last two weeks has started catching up to me. I'm praying for unbelievable strength and energy. Please pray!
I fell asleep going to the bathroom at work. No joke! I'm not quite sure how long I was in there, but I'm sure my co-worker was wondering what in the world was going on!
That's definitely not normal.
I'm loving this song lately, I sang it Tuesday night when Jimmy, Poetry For a King and I led worship for Texas Lutheran University's FCA group.
We're singing it this weekend too...

None But Jesus

In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won't refuse
Each new day again I'll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos and confusion
I know You're sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

When You call I won't delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord
Forevermore

There is nothing I want more than Jesus. He is all I need and all I desire. ALL my delight is in Him, ALL my hope, ALL my strength.
HE IS GOOD!!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that it was amazing for me to read that you struggle with talking while leading worship as well. I lead worship for my youth group every Wednesday night and the talking thing has killed me for months. I'm working on the trusting Him part too.
My prayer is that I stop letting speaking distract me from worshipping, that His words be spoken and not my own. I'll pray that for you too! ;-)

Thanks for the amazing posts!

Kristen said...

Hey Emily,

Who wrote this song you just posted? I'd love to get my hands on it. Love the lyrics.

Kristen