Sunday, January 14, 2007

Random Information

This will be a post with a bunch of random information.

I am still completely hooked to 24, but I have realized that I need to take it in moderation. I have to give myself breaks in watching it. Today, Hilary was laughing at me as she walked into the living room while I was watching a very intense part. My hands were gripping my hair and I was making noises. She told me to calm down!

My mom left me a message tonight saying they were sitting at the Mark in the Quad Cities waiting for "Dancing with the Stars" to start! Us girls got them tickets for Christmas! My mom is a HUGE fan, I can't wait to hear about it!

Tonight Hilary and I went to a friends house to play games and we met a bunch of cool people. It was fun to hang out with people and get to know new people. We met a girl who had just moved, today, from IOWA! Turns out that she knows JB and she knew Beautiful Feet! She had gone to Main Event when we lead worship there! She knew a bunch of Hilary's friends as well. CRAZY! I got to know a couple of girls who also play guitar! We are going to start a girl band.

I connected with a friend, Meredith, today. A friend from 24-7 that has recently moved to Austin! We are getting together tomorrow! Iowa is invading Austin.

I babysat last night and didn't get home until 3:30am and was wide awake and was up until 5:30am. I went to sleep, woke up at noon and had some toast and went back to sleep until 3:30pm. Now it's almost 1:00am and I'm wide awake. Not good.

Friday at work I did another three-hole punching project. I decided to take some pics.
Here is the hole-puncher
Here is the stack...seriously...I put my water bottle up next to it to show you just how high the stack was! Lord this is for You!
Some serious confetti!
I listened to a couple of messages from the Passion 07 conference, Francis Chan's message and Beth Moore's message. AMAZING! Completely rocked my world. More to come on those messages. Would love to share with y'all what God hit me with. I am also reading "Shattered Dreams" by Larry Crabb that has also been rocking my world. Again, more to come on that.

I am taking the Perspectives course, it started last week and I'm excited to learn more about God's heart for the nations. Not only the world but the people around me. I can be a missionary without having to drop everything and move to an unreached country. But, hey...maybe He will call me to do that. Right now...I'm learning His heart for people who don't know Him. I'm praying for continued compassion for the lost. Also, the speaker went to seminary with JB and knows him well! CRAZY! I'm telling you, there have been so many "small world" moments since I've moved here.

My neighbors are having a major party next door. I think it might be a dance party. Or maybe they are playing DDR, or Guitar Hero...or...accordion hero!
Whatever it is, it's REALLY loud.

That's all the random stuff I have for you right now.


4 comments:

Nixter said...

I absolutely LOVE 24, my hubby and are were addicted, we have now watched ALL of the series, other than the one that has just started in the US as it hasn't come here yet. I can't wait, it is very very intense.

Sounds like you have been up to some fun things (other than the hole punching ;)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that you could go see Dancing with the Stars! Very cool Christmas gift, I'm sure she loved it....how about Don?

Kelli B said...

dude, we have GOT to share about perspectives....one week done and it's rockin me!!!

i hope to write an email tonight...i have much to catch up on

Anonymous said...

it seems such a waste to throw away all those little paper dots away. Can't you come up with a craft project????