Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Mystery Meal....solved

It was....

Cornbread!

I think the garbage picture gave it away!
The story: Hilary had made some bean soup and thought of no better thing to have with it, than cornbread! She had me pick up a mix from the store and also some milk. (By the way, Hilary is not much of a milk drinker and I am SO a milk drinker. I can drink a gallon within a week by myself, she gets one of those little guys and it goes bad every time)
Anyway...I noticed on the back of the mix it called for an egg and milk. I thought to myself...oh...that's why she is getting some milk. I get home and Hilary realizes that she doesn't have the right size pan, but we figure it would still work in the pan that we have...I let Hilary do her thang in the kitchen and when she took it out of the oven we knew something was weird.
She cut it up and ate some with her soup and thought that it tasted weird and asked if I wanted to try some...I took on the challenge. It tasted fishy to me. It was really thin and had a bland taste to it. I thought maybe it just needed LOTS of butter and honey.
We laughed took a picture and realized that we needed to start cooking some more.
THEN, a little while later, Hilary gets her milk out to have a glass and she just opens it up.
I said..."Hilary...are you just opening your milk now?!"
She says, "yes."
I say, "Didn't you put milk in your cornbread?!"
she says..."No, I put in water".
I say, "I am pretty sure that it called for milk!!"
We looked at each other and then dug out the mix package from the garbage and sure enough it called for milk and sure enough...Hilary put in water instead! We had a good laugh about it! oops!
Time to start cooking again!

3 comments:

Greg Mazunik said...

So what's my prize for being the first to guess correctly? Some extra jewels in the crown, I assume??

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I'm assuming you didn't mean that it LITERALLY tasted fishy...or did you?!

Shadley said...

I was wondering that too Jill. Em, sometimes I wish I was a single gal living the nasty cornbread eatin' life with you and Hilary in Austin! So much fun! Sure, my life is glamorous, with all the Goldfish and snotty noses...but....