Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Fun with Magnets.

Austin is known for its "weirdness". Someone who has contributed to the "weirdness" of Austin is a well-known homeless guy named Leslie. I read/watched this article by News 8 Austin, posted today. Check it out! If this doesn't make you want to move to Austin, I'm not sure what will. I think I know what people are getting for Christmas next year! I saw this at Waterloo Records and almost bought it! The two-peice number is what I saw him in for the first time! Beautiful.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

I don't want to be the one to burst the fun....but I think that's sad. When I read that 3,000 were sold in the last 6 weeks it made me sad to think of how many kids were either playing with this or seeing it displayed on their fridges at home...making the little boys wonder if it's okay to dress up as a girl.
Anyway, not judging his life style just wondering why everyone is going with it...patting him on the back. There are other ways to love this guy.

*on another note...I have to call you, we just finished disc 3 and we are an hour into disc 4. Where are you at with this all? It's getting crazy.

emily said...

Clarification--There was sarcasm in my post. I completely agree with you and think that it is very sad. I actually have been praying for Leslie and continue to pray for him. Think about the influence he could if he loved Jesus. Wow! I get excited to think about that. I often wonder what I would say to him if I had the chance to talk to him. I pray about that too.

Anonymous said...

I have just 1 comment.....everone knows that if you wear the mini skirt and red go-go boots, then you have to shave the goatee!!
couldn't resist ;)

Meghan said...

Em- It's not your post that's disturbing, it's the article and maybe the magnets...just wanted to make sure it didn't sound so directed at you.

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, I do find some humor in this...sadly, of course.