Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can I Be An Adult and Still Act Like a Child?

I did a very grown up thing today.
I feel like an adult.
Why is it that I generally don't feel like an adult?
I think I made a decision today that took me a step in the direction of adulthood.
Maybe I don't feel like an adult because I act like this...or this...or this...
But life is too short to act like an adult ALL the time...right?!
Anyway...
I bought a car. A new (used) car from my boss. It was a pretty sweet deal and as sad as it is...my truck (Magnum) is on his way out. So instead of waiting until it completely went out on me and I was left stranded, trying to figure out what I was going to do...I decided to jump on this sweet deal.
I will have to post some pictures when I get a chance.
It's a maroon 2003 Ford Focus with 45,000 miles!
With this Money Matters series that my church is doing, God has really done some amazing things this week as I have prayed, looked at my budget, prayed, talked it over with a few people, prayed some more.
Prior to this money series I have honestly not been all that great with budgeting my money, I am still struggling a bit to really live out what God is calling me to do with my money, but I can see a huge growth in my heart and mind when it comes to priorities.
As I looked at my budget to figure out if I could afford to make a monthly car payment I thought about how I would act pre-money series at my church...
Take a little from my tithing...take a little from my giving...not a big deal.
But there wasn't even a question in my heart about it...I looked at my budget saw the money that I was putting away for tithing and giving and I thought, "Jesus, this is Yours...it is holy and it is Yours". No question about it. NO WAY am I going to take from that.
As I prayed and processed through that, I just prayed asking God to continue to give me faith to believe that He is my provider and that I would choose to trust Him.
Seriously, amazing.
Not to go into too much detail, but after I walked through that in my heart and in my mind, figured out what I could afford...the next day I got offers on loans and insurance that were WAY lower than I had been planning for and even expected. I couldn't help but PRAISE THE LORD! And I couldn't help but move forward with this process.
Before this deal came about and as I had been "completely wrecked out" by this money series, I had all intentions of saving and being able to buy a car with cash. But I trust that the Lord is in this and my heart is right.
I was talking with a good friend the other night and she had just gone through some car issues and she was saying that she found herself thinking, "If only I had a husband that could provide for me".
To be honest...it crossed my mind too.
She said something that hit me and what I needed to hear.
She said that she felt the Lord say to her, "I am your Husband, let ME provide for you".
mmm! YES! He is the ultimate Provider, He is the ultimate Husband.
LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Laura said...

We want pictures!

andy said...

yeah em- good job! :)

Connie said...

In answer to your question: Can I be an adult and still act like a child? Most certainly, especially if you want to enter heaven some day! Why do you think I am like I am?
ok, and I had to click on all 3 of your red "this's" to see which 3 you narrowed it down to since there are so many silly "this's"!!!