Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maid-Rite Friday

Last night was a special occasion.
The first annual Maid-Rite Friday.
My friend Wendy (a fellow Iowan) and I got together to share in this special occasion.
We were really excited.

It was complete with Maid-Rites...Wendy goes in for the first bite...
This was supposed to be a satisfied look...but it didn't really come across that way...That's better...
My turn...this is my excited face...
uh-oh...too big of a bite...
ooo....surprisingly good....
...and satisfying...
Hilary got in on some of the action...and apparently Wendy was really excited about that too...
Don't forget the Zesties! We had fun with the Zesties! It's just fun to say Zesties!And as part of the celebration we watched Field of Dreams...that was filmed in Iowa!

We also purchased some Jolly Time Blast o' Butter since it was made in Iowa...

We also decided that since Maid-Rite Friday is a big deal it needed a fun dance. We did this everywhere we went. In the movie store...in the parking lot of Randalls, in the aisles of Randalls...in our living room...
And in our kitchen...don't be scared...I know I look like a crazy person...
Ok...so maybe I am a crazy person...but Wendy is too...

We have also decided that Maid-Rite Friday should be a national holiday. I really think we've got something going here...it's going to change the world. Feel free to join us wherever you are for your very own Maid-Rite Friday. The last Friday of the month. Do it.

12 comments:

Tina Marie said...

I am so there!! Are you gonna cheat and go to Maid Rite in Iowa? Oh, and just to rub it in...Tim has run the bases on the field of dreams. That's right...be jealous.

hilary said...

Our tv is hot!

Em? What was the surprise at the end? :-) Way too much excitement for a Friday night! Beats just plain ole laundry night! You guys make me laugh! Love ya!

emily said...

Tina--SO jealous. I've never been. I'm sure that there will be some maid-rite action going on in Iowa...but it will probably be homemade. :) the best kind in my opinion!

elly said...

you're hilarious! i could bring maid-rite fridays to taiwan... though i'm a vegetarian. so i think i will at least start implementing a mandatory maid-rite friday dance in my classroom!

the clip of field of dreams made me really nostalgic! sniifffff.

Anonymous said...

ROFL--that's all i have to say. R-O-F-L.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Don't forget the Blue Bunny ice cream. Made in LeMars, IA. Does your apartment happen to have Pella windows??

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Wow. I've never seen such commotion over a loose meat sandwich before in my life. I want to know how you got the graphics and the music on your You Tube videos. Is that a You Tube feature, or something on your new computer?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Also, how did you make your maidrites? Did they have any sauce in them? Chicken Gumbo soup? Or were they just plain hamburger with add-your-own- condiments?

emily said...

Elly...bring it to Tawain...I'm telling you...it will change the world!! haha!
Rachel- we did think of that...but they don't have that here :( I doubt that our windows are Pella windows. Our apartment is pretty ghetto and is from the 60's. Pella does not equal 60's ghetto.
Jill-it's a program on my computer. I'm addicted to it now! It's great! It's called imovie. It's part of the apple programs.
We made these Maid-Rites with cream of chicken soup and dried onions. It was tasty! I forgot about the chicken gumbo! excellent! we'll add that one for a future Maid-Rite Friday!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Did you know that Michael Emerson (Ben Linus from LOST) is an Iowa native? So is the main character guy in Office Space.

Be sure to cheer on West Des Moines gymnast (and reigning world champion) Shawn Johnson in the Olympics!!

Go Iowa!!

Laura said...

Those were some very happy jazz hands. I do believe you peed your pants at the end there...

Unknown said...

hilarious!!! simply hilarious!