Friday, June 27, 2008

Worshiping With the Windows Down

One thing I love about not having air conditioning in my truck is driving with my windows down. I'm a huge fan of driving with the windows down.
Even though we're dealing with three digit temperatures the evenings can sometimes be "cool" with a slight breeze.
Last night I was coming home from the store and was driving down MoPac, the night sky ahead of me, the windows down, the music blaring, the wind on my face. I couldn't help but start worshiping.
I cranked the music with my hand in the air (yes...I kept one hand on the steering wheel) and just started belting out,
"I will declare the beauty of the Lord, nothing compares to the beauty of the Lord, Jesus Your love it takes my breath away, now I'm living everyday for the beauty of the Lord."
And I just kept praying that I would truly live it out. Live out my worship, live out the beauty of the Lord, live out Jesus' love, live out and declare that Jesus is LORD of ALL! Live it out in Spirit and in Truth. Completely.

1 comment:

Connie said...

There use to be reports of spottings around Iowa City of the very same thing. Haven't heard of one for a long time though. But look out and about, IC, she's coming home soon!!!