Friday, June 20, 2008

A Dateless Night with my Roomie...

This week has been a little unusual, I think the last time I saw Hilary was maybe...Monday.
I got into a routine this week of going to work out right after work and then by the time I got home Hilary had different things going on in the evenings and then I actually was in bed most days at 9:00pm. Lame. I know. I haven't been sleeping well and so I figured I would try and go to bed early...but that just meant that I was getting up more, since I went to bed earlier.
Anyway...tonight I was excited because Hilary and I were actually going to be home at the same time and was hoping to hang out and catch up on some roomie time.
It ended up that Hilary was in "task mode", as she usually is on the weekends...and I was in...well..."Emily mode" (which means...doing random stuff like...playing my guitar....watching LOST...doing leg kicks on my hanging bar...eating m&m's and drinking milk) but we were doing it "together"!!
I was sitting on Hilary's bed playing my guitar and singing while Hilary put stuff away, organized her drawers, put her vitamins in her daily compartments and sang along. I was doing what I love and she was doing what she loves. It was quite the roomie moment!! We had to laugh when we thought about it. We both ended the evening...blogging.
Beautiful!
I love my roommate. She makes me smile and we giggle a lot. We are very different, but that's what I LOVE! We even each other out!

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

that is seriously cute! can you send me hil's blog address? i dont remember what it is - sad!

Kelli B said...

never mind...found it! : ) love you.

Anonymous said...

okay. so i am laughing HYSTERICALLY out loud at this post! i'm laughing so hard i can't type...hold on, give me a moment.

okay better now! i just have this pic in my head of hilary compartmentalizing her vitamins and you eating m & m's, wtching her, and singing! hahahaha! love it! i had to relay the whole thing to curt who is now, also, laughing.

love you two and all your quirky-ness!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Umm, you are a LOST fan? How come we have never talked about this??