Monday, November 12, 2007

Shane squared/Bebo/Alli

Last night a friend of mine (who's from Iowa...not Hilary) and I went to the Shane & Shane, Bebo Norman and Alli Rogers concert. Shawn McDonald was supposed to be there, but I guess he canceled at some point during the tour. I was bummed, I was really looking forward to seeing him play live. He's cool.
I thought the concert was amazing. It was the last night of their tour, so I'm sure they were wiped, but they did an amazing job. It was at the EVFree Church in Austin, where one of my friends works...(she's from Iowa!) She was saying that Shane and Shane were both really sick that morning (puking) and they were supposed to lead worship but had to cancel that morning, and was hoping that they wouldn't have to cancel the show. But they made it through and there was no puking on stage! You wouldn't have known anything was wrong!
Alli Rogers is from Cedar Falls Iowa. (another Iowa girl!) and I had met her a long time ago when Beautiful Feet did a concert at Orchard Hill Church. She has since moved to Nashville and is touring around with these guys and several other artists. I got to talk to her afterwards. She's cool!
Here are some pics I took during the concert.
Shane and Shane sort of look like they are in pain...but that's normal...they make those faces. I just sit there and wonder "How does that come out of your mouth!" It's amazing. If you have never heard them before check out the videos at the end and you'll understand! If you ever get a chance to see them live GO!!
Miss Alli Rogers...
Bebo. He's a funny guy. I laughed a lot.
They did a sweet little acoustic song.
This dude could play basically any and all instruments. Here he is playing one of my favorite instruments. The accordion... Here are a couple of videos that I found online of Shane and Shane, two of my favorite songs...oldies...but SO good! Enjoy and be blessed! (clearly I'm obsessed with videos lately!)
Psalm 145:


Psalm 118:


Here is a video I found of Alli Rogers..


So now I feel like I need to post one of Bebo...here's one I found...

1 comment:

jamie said...

love it em- andy and i went to a shane and shane concert and worshipped Jesus.. it was awesome. we were so afraid to go just because we thought if they are showy and want to be rockstars we probably won't listen to them again.. but that was WAY far from what happened. they worship JESUS while they sing!