Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 2

The Lord reveals Himself but also reveals my heart...the ugly parts. Today was a hard day. I was tired and had a headache...(from day 2 of no caffeine!) And I found myself with a bad attitude. He continued to show me the hidden places in my heart that have been aching, and was also showing me sin. He also reminded me of past sin...not to bring back guilt or shame, but to rejoice in the fact that He has brought me out of it and set me free and to give Him glory for what He has done through those things. I have complete freedom.

Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you are free through and through."

I'm thankful for the heaviness of today. Through my bad attitude, God broke through and really gave me a hope of heaven. It has also been a theme so far...reminding me that I was not made for here.
Again...a song touched me today. This one is also by Brooke Fraser (can you tell that I love her!?) This is a song called C.S. Lewis Song:

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary
Then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan
As I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found
On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?

Is this a soul that stirs in me
Is it breaking free, wanting to come alive

Cause my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth
Of who I was born to become

For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath

So we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live
I was made to love
I was made to know you

Hope is coming for me.


John 14:1-4 "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going."

My Love-
Thank You Jesus. Thank You for the cross, that on it You took away my sin, the past, the present, the future. It's only by You that I have freedom. My chains are gone and I've been set free. Because of the freedom that You give I no longer have to be bonded to the things of this world, I don't have to be a slave to them anymore. You have released me into You. I can raise my hands in surrender to You and raise my hands in freedom from being tied to sin. No longer! No longer do I have to carry the weight of it all, You put it all on Your shoulders, so that I wouldn't have to bear it. Thank You. What a sweet and amazing gift of grace. I thank You Lord that these world things leave me unsatisfied. Thank You that they don't complete me, that they don't love me. Because they lack this ability...I know that there is something more, something that IS satisfying and complete and loving...its YOU. If they did have this ability, there wouldn't be as much of a need for You. But I have tried to find satisfaction, love and completeness and I end up empty. I know there is something SO much more. YOU! I look forward to Home. A place I haven't been yet, but am on my way. When the day comes that I arrive there, what sweet rejoicing and dancing! I can't wait! Thank you for the many rooms that You have prepared. I'm sure they are beautiful. SO beautiful! I try to imagine it, but my mind can't wrap around it. I continue to trust You.
I love You!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Your journal looks artsy enough for Things with Wings. You're amazing. But had you thought of weening yourself off the diet coke, to ease the headaches? Just a thought. God is even more amazing than you (or me)and He is going to make a huge move in your life, a major breakthrough, for your obedience. Love you!!!