Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 5

I'm late in getting my Christmas music out. I finally broke it out...mid-November. Sad. I usually get it out some time in October. Really. To be honest...I'll listen to it year round. I love it!
It is a little difficult when the weather is 80 degrees. I'm not complaining. (well, I sort of did the other day when I was sweating REALLY bad and my air conditioning wasn't working.)
My mind tried to wrap around the thought of Baby Jesus today. I had to just sit and be still about it.
I love babies. I LOVE them. I love holding them, looking at all their little parts, smelling them, kissing them. Just staring. It's amazing how you can just stare at a baby and never get bored. The whole baby process is amazing. How it all works and comes together, everything about it...you know what I mean. It is truly amazing to me. It is beautiful. God has uniquely designed it all. I had the privilege (sorry Laura) to watch my sweet nephew Noah (sorry Noah) be born. I was in the room (the nurse gave me a job to do...so I had to stay!) and saw everything! It was the first time I had seen anything like it! It brought me to tears as I saw him come out and take his first breath. It was absolutely beautiful!
Can you imagine Jesus. Baby Jesus. FULLY human. FULLY God. FULLY baby. I'm sure my eyes would have been filled with tears, and I probably would have fallen to the ground as I watched my Savior come into the world, taking His first breath. With the angels singing, I wonder if I would be singing too. What a precious little one!
Today my mind has been on this Little Baby. So thankful for this gift.

God-
Thank You for such an incredible gift of Love and Grace. Thank You that You chose to bring Him here as a baby, FULLY human, FULLY You. My mind has a hard time grasping it. Thank You that Your love has extended so far. You have shown humility in coming as a helpless baby. It is beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! Another Christmas music before thanksgiving person! HAHA!

Beautiful post.