Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 4

Tonight at church I felt an amazing connection between God and I. I LOVE worship. I love standing before Him raising my hands in the air, closing my eyes and singing my heart out to Him. The Spirit is so powerful in that place. I can't really describe it. I remember it when I first stepped foot into that place. He moves powerfully and I felt it strongly tonight.
Andy was singing one of the songs he wrote and the words were so powerful, here are the lyrics...

Great Day of the Lord
The sun rises like a bird
With healing in its wings
Shines the light of righteousness
On the broken and unclean

And this righteousness comes not
By the working of our hands
But it is the gift of God
Purchased by the spotless Lamb

As by Your law we were condemned
By Your grace we are restored
And by grace alone we'll stand
On the great day of the Lord

One the great day of the Lord
When the dead in Christ shall rise
And the sun and moon will be replaced
By the light in Jesus' eyes
On the great day of the Lord
On the great day of the Lord

So we wait for Your return
Like a bride awaits her groom
And with all creation yearn
That the day is coming soon

When You'll ride in victory
And darkness reigns no more
At the coming of our King
On the great day of the Lord

On the great day of the Lord
When the dead in Christ shall rise
And the sun and moon will be replaced
By the light in Jesus' eyes


There is something that stirs my soul when I can sing to Him to lift Him up and praise and adore Him. The voice that He gave me, whatever it sounds like, and giving it back to Him as I use it for His glory. Lifting Him up.
There is nothing like it!
We also sang the song "Mighty To Save"
I could just jump up and down right now! Man! SO good!
"Savior, He can move the mountains...My God is might to save...He is mighty to save....
Forever, Author of salvation He rose and conquered the grave...JESUS conquered the grave!"
YEAH! He is alive! He is out of the grave and I can feel it!
I found myself as I was singing this chorus...crying out and praying and proclaiming that He IS mighty, He IS powerful to move mountains and He IS powerful to save! I was crying out on behalf of the people that do not know Jesus. Not just know of Him...but KNOW Him. KNOW HIM! It was a sweet time of intercession.
"Shine Your light and let the whole world see...we're singing...for the glory of the Risen King!"
The message tonight was on the Atonement of Christ. It was REALLY good. I would strongly suggest you check it out. You can listen to the message here.
He basically talked about how we are born sinners. And because God is an infinite God, because we are sinners and will completely fall short of Him, there is an infinite debt that must be paid for our sin. The consequence is the infinite wrath of God. Finite beings cannot pay an infinite debt. Someone had to step in. Jesus! JESUS! He is the only hope! Can you imagine the weight of debt, from the billions and billions of people that have lived way before us, the people now, the people ahead of us. Can you imagine the weight of that debt?! Jesus took it on! He paid the debt so that we don't have to. GRACE!!! Because of that He covers us in righteousness instead and every ounce of God's wrath is gone. Because of Jesus, not from anything that we do, but because of HIM!
I am amazed at the weight of His love tonight. AMAZED!

My Savior-
You are mighty to save, You are powerful to move mountains, You are alive and loving on the world. Thank You for taking my place and for putting the infinite wrath and the infinite debt on Yourself so that I don't have to. So that I can spend eternity with You because of Your victory over the grave, and Your covering of righteousness over me. I don't deserve it. Everyday, I fail. Everyday I sin. Everyday, at some point I turn my back on You. I try not to sometimes but it happens. But I know that You look at me and You see You. I continue to walk forward to You. Walking through the junk and through the stickiness of sin, but You clean me up. You hold on to me and bring me through to You. Thank You. Thank You for the freedom to worship You and to come to a place where many come to be with You. Thank You for giving me a love for music and singing, and thank You that You get to me through that. My knees are weak, in love with You. Thank You for filling me up.
For YOUR glory Jesus!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Awesome! I also love to worship through music, almost more than anything in the world. There is something so precious in that moment. With it being so amazing here, imagine what it will be like in Heaven!