Thursday, March 08, 2007

Why Does Chocolate Have to Be So Good?

I don't know if any of y'all noticed when you signed on to Blogger today the "Blogger Buzz" was about SXSW in Austin starting this weekend! That was fun.
Anyway, I thought I should post about my realization that I'm addicted to chocolate, since I posted on my addiction to Diet Coke previously. I have kicked the habit people. I'm only drinking water at work. No DC. Every once in awhile I will have a DC, but mainly it's been water for me. Even at home, I will drink milk or water and I have now gotten some Diet Cherry 7up wich is excellent and caffeine free. So that kind of kicks the craving a little bit.
Anway, so along with the full free fridge of pop, there is also a bowl full of free good chocolate sitting across the room from me, usually yelling out my name, wanting me to eat them, it's like they just stare at me until I make eye contact with them and until I come over and eat them. Not the fake stuff, like the candy that is still sitting in the kitchen from the pinata we had on Valentines day-that doesn't tempt me at all, but I'm talking the good stuff. Right now it's Hershey's carmel kisses, Hershey's nuggets with toffee and almonds, Hershey's minatures assorted, (the kind that mom and Jill always have at art shows, or that we take on trips), Peppermint Patties-the York ones. Seriously guys...I don't know if I can kick this one. I may need an incentive. Why does chocolate have to be so good?!

8 comments:

Meghan said...

I am right with ya on this one. I LOVE chocolate. It has dairy in it, so there are some benefits:) The best is anything chocolate with a glass of milk. I know you'll agree with me on this one:)

Unknown said...

God made chocolate because he loves us.

Meghan said...

Marriage series: Can I just say Michelle Ritchie (I think that's her name), her testimony and contentness in singleness touched my heart. You are surrounded by amazing people of the Lord Em!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Seriously, I would wait until after Easter to try to curb your chocolate addiction. Easter has the BEST candy of any holiday. I love my Cadbury Mini Eggs!!

jamie said...

it's all about pacing yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

not only is it the creme de la creme of chocolate assortments but its free!!!! I don't want to hear any more complaints about your job, Em. The chocolate perks should outweigh everything else.

Anonymous said...

I wish my job had "chocolate perks". Maybe I will implement that!

Anonymous said...

God sends no stress that chocolate and prayer can't handle. It's on a magnet on my fridge, so it must be true...see? it IS a gift from God.