Friday, March 02, 2007

Austin is Fun.

My friends...
The rodeo is coming. I may have to get my boots, saddle up and head on down to the rodeo! I think the actual rodeo is only one day, but there will be tons of stuff going on between March 9-24, including horse shows, BBQ dinners, concerts, carnivals, cowboys, "Miss Rodeo" contests, goat shows, sheep shows, longhorn shows, cowboys. It sounds like a lot of fun!
I'm finding out about a lot of random events that Austin has. This weekend they have a kite festival. Today they had a chocolate festival. When the circus comes to town they load all of the animals of the train and they have a parade through the streets of downtown all the way to the building where the circus will be. FUN!
Also, during spring break week is SXSW. It's a week long deal where tons of bands come and play in all of these different bars along 6th street. The only band that I knew out of all the bands listed was Mutemath. They are playing two different nights. I may have to check that out. They are also coming to Austin May 3rd, so if I don't see them during SXSW, I'm going to try and catch them at La Zona Rosa.
Austin is fun.

1 comment:

Shadley said...

Is this your first rodeo? You're in for a real treat! Yee haw!!!!!