Friday, April 25, 2008

Rat #3 and I'm Still Trying To Be Thankful!

Update...
Hilary and I got home yesterday to construction workers in our apartment just starting to look at the closet.
Rat #3 was in the trap in the kitchen and we packed our bags for another night at our friends house!
They started putting up the wall in the hall closet and will hopefully finish today along with taking out our dishwasher to see if they are coming in from behind it somewhere.
Hilary is at a retreat today and tomorrow. :( So I'm still debating on whether I should stop by the apartment after work alone or wait until tomorrow.

We have started looking at different rental properties! I think we are both starting to get excited about the possibility of finding a new place...one that doesn't have rats living in it!
We really have been so blessed with our apartment and the location, it will be difficult to move knowing that we can't afford anything else in our neighborhood...which means we will have to go North or South, and we'll have to get into traffic to and from work. :( (can you tell that we have been a little spoiled!)

Some of you may think that I am being a baby or being overly dramatic about this whole experience...while that may be true...God is using this situation to really humble me and He is doing so much in this! Hilary and I were praying last night together and I remember praying then and again today, "God, You are funny! You are using these rats to reveal character in me that You want to refine and You are showing me that all things that come from You and that You allow, are good. If it is that it will bring You the most glory (somehow) by filling our apartment with rats than so be it! I desire Your glory above my comfort."

Some more things that I am thankful for:
For my friends who think these stories are HILARIOUS!
One friend started a facebook group entitled "Emily Ward Killed Remy" : RIP Remy the Rat...forgive Emily for she knows not what she did. (Remy is the rat from Ratatouille) feel free to join! I have no regrets for what I've done.
One friend left me a voicemail last night laughing really hard saying that she had just gotten done reading my stories and almost peed her pants. She was envisioning me running to the chair like a cartoon character who starts running really fast but doesn't go anywhere, they are just staying in one place and then all of a sudden they take off.
She said that it made her night.
I'm thankful for that!

No comments: