Thursday, April 10, 2008

The 80's ROCK!

So I went to Albuquerque last weekend to visit the Nielsen's. It was a BLAST. More to come on that later...hopefully!
But I wanted to share some goodness with you.
We spent a lot of time watching 80's music videos on youtube and wanted to share them all with you so that you could get a good laugh.
Here are a few...
Zach "rickrolled" his blogger friends with this one. (He said "Must see Ministry Video")
I just sit in wonder as I watch this video. The little dance he does, the outfit, the bartender and his moves. check it. Why was this ever cool?!
You gotta love Journey! This video is amazing on many different levels. Tight jeans, air instruments, intense looks into the camera, lots of hair, large 80's keyboard played on the wall, the intense group stance with movements to the beat of the music...amazing.
Then we watched this video...although there weren't as many funny parts...Kim and I had to keep from crying. Kim because she is married to a music man, and me...well, I don't know...this song just makes me want to cry, and sometimes no one can ever understand why. :)
We also watched this video multiple times...

We then continued to talk like this and say these lines throughout the weekend. I'm still working on it. I'm horrible at accents. But I guess it's really funny when I try.

6 comments:

jamie said...

em i love that video- i could watch it 100 times and laugh every time!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh!! Emily, seriously, every one of those videos are awesome! I laughed out loud at each one. Thanks so much for sharing and reminding me just how cool the 80's were. :) P.S. If you read my blog, you'll see how the 80's are making a comeback here in Botswana!

Meghan said...

Oh Em,
I used to love Rick Astley. I think you have something for men in tight pants...seriously, I knew it, it's a secret obsession.
The Charlie video cracks me up. It made me wish I had some children with that accent.
PS I took care of Max in the nursery the other day:) He shared with me that he thinks you should come home for a visit and I agreed:)

Laura said...

If your brother in law knew you were messing with Journey in a bad way...you would be disowned. Seriously. You should see him when that first song comes on and he's driving in the car. It's intense. I have to duck down and hide. Seriously. I so totally remember Rick Astley being much cooler than that. His dancing is hilarious.

Laura said...

Ha, Ha! I was just watching that Journey video again and Jackson walked up behind me and said, "Is that those guys that sing Stayin' Alive?". Young pup.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Umm, if Chah-lee's brother is dumb enough to put his finger in the kid's mouth, then he deserves not only the biting but the worldwide ridicule that only you tube can provide :)