Monday, April 14, 2008

God's Quiet Whispers...

So I have been thinking and praying a lot lately about the direction God is taking me. The plans that He has for me and how He wants to use me.
It seems that He continues to put desires and passions in me and I keep giving them back to Him saying,
"God they are Yours, do what You want with them."
And I sit and wait, trying to be obedient to the pushes He gives me.
Stepping, just little steps in a direction to see if it's where He is at.
It's hard.
It's hard to know when to move, know when to be loud, know when to be silent, know when to sit still. Am I taking too little of steps, do they need to be bigger?
I get tired sometimes. I cry sometimes. I get excited sometimes. I get frustrated sometimes. But God's quiet whispers are what He is loving on me with right now.

I was listening to this song tonight by Kathryn Scott called "I Belong"
Not angels, nor demons, no power on earth or heaven
Not distance, nor danger, no trouble now or ever

Nothing can take me from Your great love
Forever this truth remains

I belong, I belong to You

Not hardship, nor hunger, no pain or depth of sorrow
Not weakness, nor failure, no broken dream or promise

Nothing can take me from Your great love
Forever this truth remains

I belong, I belong to You
I have to always come back to the simple truths that I know about God in the midst of the unknowing future. I belong to Him. I am His and He is mine. I belong to Him.

Another song I'm listening to tonight is "I Am" by Jill Phillips
Oh gently lay your head
Upon My chest
And I will comfort you
Like a mother while you rest
The tide can change so fast,
But I will stay
The same in the past,
The same in the future, same today

I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
Your heart's desires

Oh weary, tired and worn
Let out your sighs
And drop that heavy load you hold
Cause Mine is light
I know you through and through
There's no need to hide
I want to show you love
That is deep and high and wide

Cause I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
Your heart's desires

Oh gently lay your head
Upon My chest
And I will comfort you
Like a mother while you rest.
Good stuff! This is definitely hitting me where I'm at right now. I'm so thankful for the ways God gets to me...and it's usually through music! LOVE it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting that you posted the words to "I Am". My mom and I stuck around after we had worship practice last Thursday night and i told her i had just found the chords to a song I had found a hand written chorus of from when i first started playing the guitar back in 1999. I didn't remember the name of the song or any other part of it for that matter. I googled the lyrics that i had and found the song and played it for her. It was "I AM" by Jill Phillips. Great song. By the way, I am your cousin-ish(?) My mom, Kathy, is your step-dad, Don's, sister. I always read your blog and your sisters' and mom's. You all have such a neat relationship. Just wanted to let you know, that i am here and and reading. Have a good one!
Sheila

emily said...

Sheila, So good to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog! I never know who all reads this thing! Glad that you like this song too! It's so good!! Keep singing it!