Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jump Rope for Heart

I have decided to take up jump roping.
Random, I know. But I just read an article about jump roping and it said that if you jump rope for 10 minutes its equivalent to 30 minutes of jogging. 10 minutes...that's not very long right?!!?
I'm going to try it tonight.
I've been thinking it through...I don't know if my ceiling is high enough for me to jump in the privacy of my own room...so then I thought about my back patio area...it's enclosed...private...but there is an overhang...that might trip me up.
I'm debating on the next location if that doesn't work...hmmmm.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Anyone remember "Jump Rope For Heart" in elementary school?! Maybe that was just me...
oooo...anyone remember any of the jump rope rhymes? Laura and I were trying to remember some of them...We came up with this one...
"Cinderella Dressed in Yella
Went upstairs to kiss a fella
Made a mistake and kissed a snake...
How many doctors did it take...
1..2..3...etc."
We actually had help from Noah on that one!
Can anyone do double dutch?!! I wasn't very good at that!
Random...I know!

********you will not be getting any pictures OR video on this one...sorry guys!*****

7 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Blue bells, cockle shells, easy, ivy, over.

Teddy Bear, teddy bear turn around. Teddy bear, teddy bear touch the ground...go upstairs...say your prayers...turn out the light...say goodnight.

Postman, postman do your duty. Here comes Emily, the american beauty. She can do the pompoms, she can do the splits. She can pull her dress up to her hips!

Anonymous said...

OK that last one was a little inappropriate, Jill! I thought you were the one who could never remember anything about childhood?? Em- I still think there's a line missing in the Cinderella one...
"My mother and your mother were hanging up clothes, my mother punched your mother right in the nose. What color was her blood? (red!) R-E-D.

Connie said...

Mabel Mabel set the table, don't forget the red hot peppers!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I must confess. Laura, you are correct. I actually did a google search on jump rope rhymes. My mind was instantly refreshed. Other wise, I woulda had nothin'.

Cinda-rella, dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss her fella, made a mistake and kissed a snake.
How many doctors did it take?
1..2..3..(keep counting til you mess up.)

At least that's how I remember it going. And that's coming from my actual memory, not the computer!

And what about Chinese jumprope? That's in a whole other category.

Anonymous said...

one, two, three, four, out, in, spread, together, KILL!

Anonymous said...

Good call on the mabel, mom, I'd forgotten about that one.

emily said...

Awesome! I had forgotten about those!
Oh my gosh, Laura...that's awesome! "spread together kill!" Wow...that brought me back!
Jill I totally remember the postman one...even if it's a little inapporpriate! How about these...
"Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish
How many pieces do you wish?
1, 2, 3... "

"Texico Texico over the hill to Mexico...where the spanish dancers do the kicks...where the spanish dancers do the splits...where the spanish dancers twirl around...where the spanish dancers touch the ground...where the spanish dancers jump all around...where the spanish dancers get out of town..."