Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Back to Real Life

Well, I'm back in Austin after a week back in Iowa to visit my family and friends. It was such a great trip back, and it was SO hard to come back to real life.
My flight came in at 11:00pm and I didn't get to sleep until around 12:30 and had to be up and at work by 8:00am. I don't know why I do this to myself. It would have been nice to have a day of just relaxing and getting organized after a full day of traveling, but instead, I'm spending my day yawning and thinking about all of the stuff I need to get done. One of them including updating my blog with all of the fun pictures from the week.
We'll see if I get to that tonight.
I've already called my mom and my sisters today. I can't stop thinking about them and those kids. I miss them already!
The flight home though, was enough to make me not want to fly for awhile!
My flight from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis was on a small jet with propellers. I didn't even know they still did that! We had to walk outside and climb up the ladder to get into the plane and I basically hit my head on the top of the plane when I got in! It was SO loud and the vibrations from the propellers made me have a constant tingle. And it was REALLY hot in there and there was a kid that kept kicking the back of my chair the entire time. We flew through a bunch of clouds and so it was bumpy and we were constantly going up and down and turning it seemed like. I'm glad that this flight was only 51 minutes and not the 3 hour trip from Minneapolis to Austin.
I am so thankful for the time I had. I will try my hardest to post some pictures tonight!

4 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I would have thrown up. so, way to keep your lunch down, Em!

davenportdiocese said...

hey em...miss you. when you coming back to visit?

Meghan said...

It was SO GOOD to see you! I always wish I had more time with you, but this time was way better that meeting at Khols. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Honey, that was no jet with propellers you took out of CR, that was just an airplane with propellers. Good thing they wouldn't let me through that gate, cause if I'd seen what you were getting on, well, I probably wouldn't have let you get on it!!!