Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Daddy Mac Will Make You...Jump Jump"

So I just got done with my jump roping.
Let me just say this...

#1. My ceiling was high enough for me to jump rope in the privacy of my room. (I'm glad Hilary wasn't home...she would have laughed...hard!)
#2. Wear shoes.
#2. 10 minutes is a REALLY long time.
#3. I have red welts all over my body from the rope.
#4. I'm out of shape

So I found myself laughing a lot, It's not like riding a bike...well maybe it is sort of. I honestly don't remember the last time I jump roped!
It took me a while to get the hang of it. Actually...even after the 10 minutes I don't know if I ever really got the hang of it! After the 3rd minute I pooped out and every time I would try to bring the rope around I would jump but would get caught in it, the rope would whip back and slap me on the arm...lots of little red welts. (sort of reminded me of the foot long lasso twizzlers!!!--inside joke with the fam.) My legs were tired so they just sort of flopped around trying to get over the rope, but again...I just kept getting caught. So then I decided I would slow it down a little and do the double jump thing instead of the single jump. Maybe my coordination is not that great. That seemed worse. Again, my legs and feet seemed to just get caught in the rope!
Once I got the swing of things...sort of...I decided I would try going backwards! Same deal. Just going in a different direction.
I decided that I will wait until next time to do the "cross-over".

5 comments:

davenportdiocese said...

i can see you now...laughing and trying to jump at the same time. you are an instant party. miss u sweet em.

Anonymous said...

WE WANT A VIDEO, WE WANT A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEE HAW!! Jump ropes/Twizzlers they both leave red marks...
Best wishes with the crossover idea. You may want to master the standard "double jump" before moving on to the fancy stuff.

Mads and Maci are WAY into jumping rope--we jut got 2 new ones. They could probably give you some pointers. We call the single jump "hot peppers" so when Maci starts banging out the singles I can be counted on to scream "HOT PEPPERS!" Try that-it might help.

Anonymous said...

I don't know when you left this but I just got it today and I am dying laughing! Just picturing the whole scenario!
Jump roping ROCKS by the way. About 8 months ago Maci starts juping rope with all her winter scarves...it was at that point we knew we needed to buy her an actual rope. (Carrie came up with one on clearance somewhere)Classic parenting, I know. So ever since that first rope she's been hooked. Then, the Disney channel comes out with that hot new flick "Jump In" and it's all about jump roping!! Maci was like yeah baby...I'm on it. Then Maddie starts getting into it too and Carrie hooks them up with some sweet new jump ropes that are the plastic pieces all strung on the rope, just like at school! Yessss.
So...you might wanna get a hold of a copy of "Jump In" and pick up some hot tips Em!! Sounds like it's "Round 2" of foot long Twizzlers so far!
You are hilarious!

emily said...

I'm surprised I didn't pee my pants!
Laura---NO video sorry!
HOT PEPPERS! I completely forgot about that! I'll think of that each time!!
I've actually seen parts of that movie!!! It was when I was babysitting...yeah...when I was babysitting!
My jump rope is like that...it has the seperate plastic pieces...that's what hurt so bad when it whipped me!!