Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Iowa Visit part 1

Here was my view from my plane.
The clouds were really cool!
Gregorio!
Andrew "the drummer" Aker
Cooking pizzas in the church kitchen...HIGH FIVE!! Yesss!
I LOVE these women! These were a few of the girls I lead my last year in Iowa, they are all involved with the worship team for 24-7, the college ministry. I was able to come to their rehearsal/devo time and talk to them about trusting God for the future. It was awesome! There were also 4 new girls there that they are now leading! It was awesome to see how they have stepped up and are now leaving a legacy with them! They are beautiful!



Since it was the last 24-7 of the year they decided to get everyone that was involved with the worship team and have a mini choir sing. So that night they also made puffy paint t-shirts for everyone to wear! What better way to be girly!
This was Greg's t-shirt!We also had a cake...before...
After...
24-7The coolest "High Five" EVER! (sorry Greg...I had to post it!)

Sweet Amy and Jenni
Amy and the Lobb family!
Uncle Greg and Erin
It's a tradition...after 24-7 you go to Perkins, we had gotten to the point where the waiters knew what we wanted to drink and even knew what we were going to order! Andy is still carrying on the tradition even though most of the original crew is gone. He is now at the point where he has their phone number in his cell phone and he calls them up to let them know they are coming! I remember a few times we packed the entire Perkins restaurant with 24-7 students!
It was awesome! Although, I don't know how well the waiters liked it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet post, em! :D i was wondering if the bowling-five was going to make it up :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

who decided they needed the circular piece right out of the middle of the cake?! You guys are so silly!

emily said...

Jill--Yeah...that was me!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I knew it!

Kelli B said...

#1-Amy Noxon is amazing. AMAZING. Miss that girl.

#2-you are so cute with your short hair! love it.

#3-you go girl for jump roping!!! that is awesome. and i am TOTALLY a fan of double dutch.

#4-that video of Lily is adorable. ADORABLE! I think your favorite part was also my favorite part.

LOVE YOU!

Joanna Kay said...

I agree with Kelli.
Ohhh this made me miss Iowa so much. All my sweet friends will be gone soon so it was fun to see your pictures.
Ahhh and GREG-OH!!!! What fun times have overflowed from that fun boy? I'll never know. ha ha ha
And I laughed about Andy calling Perkins... that sounds JUST LIKE HIM.
Ahhhh Iowa. What fun times I had there.
p.s. Amy Noxon is adorable. I love the picture where it looks like she is making everyone laugh... sooo her.

Anonymous said...

I sat behind one of the bowling guys in church yesterday (not Greg, the other one) and I ALMOST asked him to do the high 5 thing with me, but I chickened out.