Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

It's hard to say goodbye. The Brown's are headed back to Iowa and I'm back at work. :( It has been such a sweet time having them here.
I'm getting used to family being here every other month. So September is coming up...who's next!?!?!
We have had so much fun from the Wildlife safari, girls night, bat cruise, barbeque w/ the Cole's & swimming, church, museums, sea world. It's been a full trip and so much fun!
Max was really starting to warm up to me...last night. We had a fun time playing the laughing game together. It was hilarious.
Sea world was excellent. Hot...but lots of fun. Super cheezy, but fascinating. I really want my own sea lion. They are wonderful.
We got completely soaked during the Shamu show. We were in the splash zone, and thought we would just get a little wet. We were completely drenched. With fishy salt water. I smelled like fish and had soggy pants the rest of the day.
We went on this little kid/family roller coaster and Sam kept calling it the "Shampoo" ride, instead of the "Shamu" ride. It was very cute.
We stayed at a hotel last night in San Antonio and I got to share a bed with Sam (5 yr old) I woke up at one point in the middle of the night to him laying completely horizontal in the bed. He is not a very small 5 year old boy either. I finally got him situated back in bed. In the morning I woke up to his nose touching my nose and his eyes wide open!! He give me a kiss on the lips and threw his arm around me! Oh my heart. I love this little boy! He likes to snuggle. I do believe there was one whole half of the bed that was not being used.
There are lots more stories and pics that I'm sure we'll post at some point.
Gotta catch up on work.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh,my. I thought about all of you all day today and my heart ached for all of you having to part. But what great memories you've made together! That makes me happy.

Connie said...

OK, GET A GRIP AND LET'S SEE SOME PHOTOS, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Meghan said...

oh so much fun!!! My mom has arrived here to spend time with us and take care of our boys. I know what you mean about it being hard to say good-bye. I am so glad you have had a good time.