Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Getaway Weekend...Please?!

I have been yearning for a getaway.
A getaway by myself to somewhere beautiful where I can sit and read my bible, play my guitar and write songs. I have so many ideas in my head and I am having a hard time focusing on sitting down and putting it all together.
How beautiful would it be to get away and spend a weekend writing, reflecting, praying, reading, worshiping by myself! I would love it!
Several people lately have asked me when I'm going to record my own CD. What!?
It's been on my mind. Along with that come all the insecurities that like to creep in and grab hold of me.
I'm learning that I'm completely powerless over these. There is nothing that I can do to battle these. BUT GOD is completely powerful over them and HE gives me the ability to speak HIS truth to these lies and insecurities.
So...I'm praying and asking God to show me what He would want. I'm asking Him that He would fill me with confidence in the gifts and abilities that He's given me.
Would love it if He opened the door to record my own CD.
But first...I need a getaway weekend.

5 comments:

Vitamin Z said...

ABQ is great for such things.

z

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Iowa City - I promise there won't be a single distraction....

John C said...

just go find a little local motel in a small town - or a B&B? You also might google "ministry retreats" or "retreat centers" or "retreats for pastors" etc. There are some retreat centers that offer low cost and sometimes no cost rooms for pastors/people in ministry. Seeing that you're leading worship for your church, you might be able to talk your way into that.

John C said...

http://www.theironhorseinn.com

http://www.thecrossingsaustin.com/

Connie said...

I agree with Jill. No distractions in IC. I'll shut you in my art room - see todays post on thingswithwings. I love you.