Thursday, June 04, 2009

Choosing Beauty

I was just introduced to this website last night. It's called True Campaign.
Here is a little blurb on their website:
"The True Campaign exists to end the crisis of distorted self image by challenging cultural ideals about identity and beauty, so we can be free to impact our world as God intended.

Let’s face it: too many of us dislike our bodies and struggle with eating issues. It’s time to start talking. It’s time to change and take action. For the sake of our future, its time to be True."

I'll be honest. This is something that I struggle with DAILY. My mind can easily go in a million different directions except for truth about how God sees me.
It's a daily battle to speak truth against the lies that satan LOVES to attack me with.
I have been walking through an amazing program that has opened my eyes to more and more freedom from this, and from a lot of areas of my life.
God is SO good.
I wanted to share with you the True Campaign Pact that I am going to read daily from now on. By the strength of Jesus, I have faith that He can help me live this out.

I choose to:
--Believe what God says about who I am--body, mind, heart and spirit.

--Think and speak positively about my body.

--Stop analyzing and critiquing other peoples' physical appearance.

--Seek balance with eating, exercise and how I care for myself.

--Infuse truth into negative conversations about eating, weight and body shape.

--Develop inner qualities like kindness, compassion and integrity.

--Break free from being self-focused, so I can impact the world as God intended.

--Trust in God's love for me and communicate that love to others.

"You are fearfully and wonderfully made. So stop being so fearful and express some wonder at how incredible God made you." Psalm 139:14--I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (taken from True Campaign)

My precious roommate put up signs in my room for my b-day and this was one of them.

I love this picture because when I look in the mirror I am covered by this beautiful truth, that I am beautiful and precious and HIS sight!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

thanks for sharing this, Em! I needed to read it! and you ARE SO beautiful :)

Connie said...

You got it!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this! and you are incredibly beautiful, Em. spending time with you is refreshing and relieving! i could do it all the time...