Monday, January 26, 2009

My Legendary Welcome Back into Austin.

So I was picked up last night from the airport with legendary status.
Kate had mentioned picking me up from the airport and she said something along the lines..."Don't worry Em, your entrance into Austin will be legendary."
hmmm....
So as I rode the escalator down I saw Kate standing there all cute as ever. I thought to myself..."Ok. It's Kate. Love it." I wasn't disappointed but I was wondering what she meant by "legendary". Kate, in herself, is legendary...but for her to give herself the status just didn't seem right. It didn't matter, I was just so excited to see her.
Then out of no where Wendy comes running out from behind a big pole. She comes running full force at me, acting like a complete idiot. It was awesome. I do believe she almost took a guy out.
Let's just say I'm glad that I went to the bathroom before I came down the escalator.
So we start heading towards the baggage claim area, still laughing really hard at how ridiculous Wendy is, and out of no where Jen comes running up to me flailing her arms around and gives me a huge hug. Oh man. I love these girls.
So we are giggling and laughing, trying not to make too much of a scene, although at this point it's a little too late for that...I'm trying to figure out which bag claim number I am at and so we start heading to #5.
We are standing there waiting for the bags to come out and I see "Big Red" (to it's full 50 lb capacity) come down the chute. It starts going around on the thing and I try to go and get it. But the girls won't let me go. I get a bit concerned because I need to get my bag. I always get nervous anyways about having to get my bag off of that moving conveyor belt. "Big Red" is not so easy to pick up off of a moving thing.
At this point I'm a little confused as to why they are not letting me get my bag...and then I spot Charlotte who is standing at the back of the baggage claim and is about to grab my bag. I run full force at her eager for a Charlotte hug while the other girls run behind thinking that we will miss my bag going around, knowing our tendency for Really Long Awkward Hugs.
We grab my bag and start heading out when I notice a strange man sitting in the chairs looking all "thug-ish" with his hood on. It's Jimmy! It was hilarious.
I have the sweetest friends! I love them all! It was fun to get such a legendary welcome back into Austin! It's good to be back.
We all laughed and spent another 2o minutes in the parking lot being goofy and laughing.
The entire thing is on video. I'll see what I can do about getting it.
Legendary.
Not gonna lie...a little sad that the Instant Nun Kits did not make an appearance. Jimmy as a nun would have been amazing!

4 comments:

John C said...

I was home in Peoria from college with my college girlfriend at the time. I found out that my best friend Aaron was flying in from LA that weekend. I talked to his parents, who were supposed to pick him up at the airport, and offered to pick him up. We decided not to tell Aaron so it would be a surprise. So my girlfriend, JoAnn, and I went to the airport. Now Aaron had never met JoAnn and of course he doesn't know we're picking him up at the airport. I talked JoAnn into (while I was hiding around a corner) pretending to be a girl (waiting there for someone else) who had "met Aaron at a club long ago and they'd gone out once." JoAnn was a good actor so she starts laying on this whole "Aaron!!! Oh my gosh!! How ARE you??!! It's been so long!!" yada yada yada. And Aaron is just CLUELESS. Aaron didn't know what to do - and finally ended up just sitting down on a bench looking dumbfounded saying "Where's my Mom & Dad?" over and over. It was quite funny.

Jenna said...

Haha! That sounds fun, Em. I'm glad the people love you were there to greet you. ;) :) ;)

Connie said...

It helps "soften the blow" of letting you go, knowing there are friends down there who love you, too. MOM

THE BROWN BOYS said...

sounds hilarious! glad it was legendary