Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day

So I got a text from my friend Jen today....here was the conversation:

Jen: What are the chances that you are in town the first weekend in Dec.
Me: Chances are good, why?
Jen: Do you act? We need actors.
Me: wow. I have never acted before, that sounds scary.
Jen: You'll love it. We'll be nuns together.

What in the world.
I called her after work when she answered I said "I think you have just made my Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day"
She went on to explain the situation.
She works at a theatre on the east side and is the only white girl there. It's awesome. She has amazing stories. Anyway, her boss decided to put on a production of the Christmas Carol, but adapt it to have it be an all black Christmas Carol.
At some point a bunch of the cast decided that they just wanted to quit and now they are in a bind. So they've opened it up to white people!
So, I guess when Jen thinks of nuns she thinks of me. She also has a fascination with nuns. Which makes this a little too perfect.
My response was this...
"ok....#1 you and I together in a play...NOT good.
#2 You and I dressed up as nuns...you...and...I...as...NUNS...NOT good.
These two things combined will guarantee me peeing my pants on stage for all to see. There is no way I would be able to do this without laughing...A LOT!"
It looks like it just might happen.
Jen assured her boss that once the word got out that her and I would be in this play dressed as nuns, they would have sold out shows.
What have I gotten myself into?

10 comments:

Laura said...

Sister Emily Francis.

Connie said...

Sister Emily Francis.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Wow. Mom and Laura, you guys are scary. Em - You've always wanted to be married to Christ, well here's your big chance. (Isn't that what nuns think? That they're literally married to Christ?) I'd pay big money to come to this show and see you try to stay in character. Now you'll be able to answer the age old question we've always wondered, about what nuns really wear under there.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Somehow you've got to show Jen mom's nun doll someday. Did she post a picture of it on her blog one time, or am I imagining that?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Yes! Found it - show this to jen:
http://connieberends.blogspot.com/2008/08/50s-memorabilia.html

Jen said...

your mother has a nun doll and you never told me...

i thought we were better friends than that miss emily.

have i told you how much i love your sisters?

sisters...haha...we're about to be sisters. nothing but amazingness is going to come from this.

Jen said...

okay...

so.

i just read the actual post that your mom wrote about the nun doll and i am so FREAKING IN LOVE with your family.

our friendship = fate.

p.s. the word i have to type in the "word verification" box is CONYMOG. hahahaha! i don't know why that's funny but it is.

Leona said...

I can DEFINITELY see it sold out. Just leave that to Wendy and me. ;-D

Laura said...

Mother!!! Did you read my comment before you wrote yours??? Or are we on some wierd wavelength with each other?!?!?

kathrynsweeney said...

I'm totally coming! You AND Jen as nuns? Man. Hold. Up.