Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day part 2

So another fabulous moment happened just now, since I didn't have a Fabulous Moment last Monday...I guess today makes up for it.

So I went over to the bank to make a deposit for work. I'm familiar with the people that work there because I go every day. There was a new guy working as one of the managers and he was hanging out by the front tellers. As I'm handing Brittany my deposit the guy says this: "Ooo I love girls with dark hair and light eyes. It's very mysterious. Like a greek god or something. You are like a greek god...isn't the Greek god, the god of war or something like that? It's like you are greek....are you greek?"

"um...no...I'm from Iowa." was my comment. I wasn't quite sure what else to say.

once again, mistaken for a mysterious, exotic, foreigner. I love it.

7 comments:

Leah said...

wow. that guy was desperate for some conversation. and he should have said "goddess."

Rachel Bardwell said...

Was he exotic looking also? if so you should have said, "here's my phone number; why don't you call me for my response??"

Jen said...

yes. i LOVE it. score for monday's fabulous moments...i seriously look forward to mondays.

Connie said...

Em, once again, let me assure you that you are mine - big scar on belly to prove it! And as far as your father goes, if he were still here, we could all go on Maury, get DNA testing and prove to the whole country that "In the case of 27 year old Emily - Bill, you ARE the father"!!! God knit you together beautifully and He does cause us to wonder in amazement!

Laura said...

Wow. Nothing this fabulous EVER happens on my Mondays...I'm left with armpit stories...

Shadley said...

Wow, Connie. You really watch alot of Maury. Do you need some more paint or something?? :)

And Em- GO BACK TO THE BANK AND TALK TO HIM!!!!!!

elly said...

lol... did you see what i posted on monday? we had similar fabulous monday moments! and... i just realized, i AM an exotic, mysterious foreigner, LOL!

http://breaduponwater.blogspot.com/2008/11/can-i-have-your-phone-number.html