Monday, September 17, 2007

My Iowa Trip...Finally!

I'm REALLY late in posting about my Iowa trip.
Not going to lie...it's been a hard being back.
TX people would say that it will soon get better.
IA people would say that it means I'm supposed to go back to Iowa!
I think it means that God is doing some refining...it hurts...but it's good. (I finally had a breakdown tonight...and I do feel better! Thanks Laura...You were right...I should have just gotten it out of the way last week already!)
So here I go with the Iowa Post...
Hilary was getting back into Texas and I was leaving Texas...it happened to be at the same time...same airline...same gate...same plane! So I got to greet her...and she got to send me off!
That doesn't happen very often anymore!
We laughed...a lot! Check out the guy to the right...he is thinking we're crazy!The Lobb family picked me up from the airport. It was exciting...I walked out and all I heard was screaming and there was running! It was great...here is a video of them explaining their waiting and me coming...

I got to spend the night at their place the first night...with my "sisters" Jenn and Amy...
Here is a video of some craziness in the car...

I got to meet my little Max who was 3 weeks old he is so little and so precious...The sleeping arrangements were as follows:
I slept at the McCarragher's...in the boy's room...in the bunk bed! Noah gave up his bed for me and he had an air mattress on the floor right by me.
This is what sometimes happened in the morning....see anything different in this picture!It was really fun and we made some great memories! Noah made me a little something that was going to go under my pillow!Jack turned 11 and so we celebrated his b-day...here is my creatively wrapped gift to him...He got guitar hero for his birthday...After the kids went to bed...we ROCKED!!!
Just so that you know...the kids DID have a turn.
Check out Laura's post entitled..."I Should Be Doing Laundry". You can guess what it's about!

I got to perform a mini "concert" for my family with some new songs that I wrote. (on a real guitar)Joe wanted to do a duet...but it didn't really work out...I didn't know how to play "Cherry Pie".I got to sing at my old church. Every time I have been able to come back home they let me sing! It blesses me SO much since I don't have many chances to lead worship here in Austin...yet. The pastor started a series on Ecclesiastes. I got to sing a version of the song Turn Turn Turn. It was really cool.
My heart once again started burning for worship and singing. I will continue to trust that God will provide opportunities for me when He wants to use me and how He wants to use me.

I hung out with the Nelson's, Mazunik's and the Osterhaus' they are good friends that make laugh. We then went to Heyn's Ice Cream, which is the best!Gotta love the Chocoholic Delight in a waffle cone!!!
Cody has a thing that he likes to do...make me laugh...here is a little "Jack Black"...

I got to visit my grandparents which was a sweet time. They shared old stories with us that we had never heard and I also got to sing some of my songs for them. Grandpa had tears. It was sweet. They just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.They also got to meet Max! They liked him!Grimes Family:Kampman twins: Josiah & AbigailMeghan and Guillermo:ummm...we have the same hair!
Meghan and I used to be roommates and we have MANY memories and one of them was living in this house together...We had birds in the attic, cats in the basement, mice all over. It was a blast! Really...it was. Lianne and Lindsay lived with us too. I could go on story after story about our adventures there...but maybe what happens in the house...should stay in the house.... :) It makes me sort of sad to think about it. I miss those days.

People in Texas do not know what a Maid Rite is.
This version of the Maid Rite is very similar to a sloppy joe...but still different. Check out a Maid Rite website.They are tasty!Here are some random pictures...This was at a gas station...Stay tuned for some more posts...
"Lily Margaret...my Lovely"
"A Family with MANY Faces"
"Slides...Oldies but Goodies"
"Videos"

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh Emma Lou...I love you! I miss the days in that big 'ole house too:) When I saw the pic of you sleeping in the bunk bed under Jack it reminded me of the days I slept under you on our bunk bed:) I talked you to sleep many nights:) Oh the memories. I had a great time with you Em and I wish we could have had more time.

William Flinn said...

You got to sleep in a bunk bed??? Awesome.

Where did you see the "Rock Stars Wanted" poster? I'd like to get one for my classroom!

emily said...

Megs, I know! I miss those days too! Sharing a room and a bunk with you was quite the experience!!! I LOVED it! My time back always seems way too short.
Bill-The Rock Stars Wanted poster was on the door of Jimmy Johns...they were looking for employees!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Just so you all know, that is NOT a picture of my sink or my refridgerator...I think a little explanation would have been good on that one, Em, so people don't think I have wierd issues!!!!!