Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Flat Tire Experience...

This last week started with a flat tire. It would be my 2nd flat tire in the last three months.
Both times screws in the tire.
What are the chances of that?!!?
I took pictures the first time, since it was my very first flat tire. I don't have any pictures from this last incident. It wasn't as exciting as the first time.
Back in May, I had gone over to the Stephen's house to stay the kids while George and Denise went to a marriage conference.
In the morning I went down to my truck and noticed the flat tire.I didn't really know what to do, so I decided to wait until George and Denise came home and then figure out what to do. Hilary came by and then Denise came home. George had errands to run, so us girls decided that we were going to figure it out on our own...we don't need guys!
(Although I did make a couple of phone calls to Mark Lobb (the previous owner of the truck) to figure out how to get the jack out of the truck and to ask where the spare tire was...seriously.)
So Denise, Hilary and I (and Holland) headed down to the truck and went to work. Denise in her skirt...me and me no knowledge about flat tires...Hilary with the camera and Holland with the cell phone!Denise went underneath the truck to check out the spare tire situation, and me not thinking AT ALL, got in the back of the truck to get something...I don't even remember what...completely forgetting that Denise was under the truck! So the weight of me in the truck sort of came down on her...but she didn't get hurt, it was just a little scary....oops.
So then we had to try and figure out how to get the spare tire down from underneath the truck. It was a little difficult.So when I came out from under the truck WITH the spare tire...Hilary started laughing really hard...and I was like...WHY are you laughing?!!? She was like...let me just take a picture! This was why...It was pretty funny...I was covered in dirt!!! Then my nose started to itch...Hilary, being the great friend and roomie that she is...itched it for me!So then we started working on getting the flat tire off and the spare on...Denise is a rockstar!
After several cars drove by, not stopping, one guy finally pulled over and asked us if we wanted help and we said "SURE"!!!! I was happy about it...He was pretending like he didn't know what he was doing and was using the jack to screw on the little thingies...that's what they are called right?!?! The little thingies!The spare was put on successfully! That night Hilary and I decided that we needed to celebrate my first flat tire so we went to a restaurant that night called Vivos! It was delicious!They had ice and flower petals in the sinks in the bathroom and then at the end of the evening they gave all of the ladies long stem roses! random, but nice!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Don't you wish every flat tire, every car break-down were special like that?! And don't you wish McD's had rose petals in their sinks? I know I'm naive to these things, but how were you suppose to wash your hands?

Shelly said...

You are obviously very resourceful. :)
Seriously though, Scott & I are nearby (closer than Iowa anyway) to call on for help too.
Good job on the tire.
-Shelly Cole

William Flinn said...

Awesome. Simply Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Only You Sister!!! You can do anything. I love the feet and legs sticking out from under the truck. Live and Learn. Em

Enoch Ross said...

Good to hear that there’s still someone out there willing to offer help! Replacing a flat tire is really a man’s job after all. Well, at least the three of you did your best. It’s been almost six years since you posted this. I hope you didn’t encounter too many flat tires during those times!