Monday, July 09, 2007

Wooooooo Doggie!!!

Well...I did it...I went skydiving!!!
It was AMAZING!!! I would definitely do it again!
Here is the entrance of the place!
Here is a picture of us filling out the information, which also included a warning basically saying that there is a chance you could die. Comforting.
Suitin' it up!!!Faisal suitin' it up!Hilary suitin' it up!I'm so excited!!! I'm glad that I went to the bathroom beforehand...I did not pee my pants!The plane...We basically all filed in and sat strattling a bench with your tandem instructor behind you. You pretty much have to sit in their lap and they hook you up so that you are tight up to each other. It was a little too close! awkward!!
Ali came for the ride and got to sit up by the pilot! He looks like a professional!
10,000 feet in the air...This is Perry, Hilary's videographer! He kept giving me a hard time about how much I was smiling! He thought I was "full of trouble"! HE looks like he is "full of trouble"! He also thought that my shoes were going to go flying off. He took one look and said..."I'll be catching that one on the way down!" He was wrong! They don't have laces but they were very secure and cute!I was the first to jump!!! I screamed.
I think I'm still screaming!We were free-falling at 120mph for about a minute or a little bit longer. At that speed, it makes your face look a little funny!The parachute opens...for that I am truly thankful!
(ps...the jumpsuits do NOTHING for my figure! HAHA!)Once the parachute opened we spent 5-6 minutes floating to the bottom! It was beautiful!! Ray let me be in control of the parachute! I had the handles! He told me to put my right hand down to my right side of my waist and we would spin around and turn down! It was so much fun! We all jumped! No one party poopered out!
This is my hero, Ray. We did it!!! WOO HOO!!! We get an official certificate.
We all had some hearing issues after the jump because of the altitude and the pressure. Here we are trying to blow our ears back into place.
Roomies!!!
Faisal is practicing for his next jump!
Friends forever ! awwww!!Friends forever! awwww!!! (this was the closest Ali came to jumping!) Woooooo Doggie!!!stay tuned for the video!

12 comments:

Connie said...

I made my comments on the phone with you. My breathing is returning to normal, but I still feel weak in the knees! I could swear I see "wings" in the background of some of those shots. . . hmmmm. . .maybe your guardian angel frantically at work trying to keep up with you!?!

Connie said...

THANK GOD you lived to tell about it, my precious little baby girl. Now don't you EVER DO THAT AGAIN! Do you hear me?! ok, I'm going back to bed now.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!! Just in case there was any little inkling of a doubt in my mind, (which there really wasn't) your pictures have confirmed for me that I will never be attempting this! You guys do look like you had a glorious time, and I do admire your "joi de vive!"

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many people chicken out at the entrance with the crashed airplane. I was doing fine until the cloud pictures and then had a slight anxiety attack. I think Noah is a little disappointed you didn't pee your pants at least a tiny bit. I know I woulda!

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . I'm way impressed. Those pictures are AMAZING. What a memory. And I'm not afraid to say it . . . girl, you got balls!

- J

Meghan said...

Wow Em...you are crazy!
Glad you had fun.
Not sure, if after I got married and had kids if I have become extremely chicken, but I just wouldn't be able to do it. Something I would have been able to do before.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

We are chanting: "We want the video, we want the video!!"

Anonymous said...

whats up with your hair its straight!straight UP.

p.s. I am chanting with jill.

Kelli B said...

I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU GUYS DID THIS!!!!

AHHHHHH!

You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!
My first thought was, "I KNOW Connie did not approve this little venture!" Man was I right--her comments made me laugh. (Have you seen Father of the Bride? "George, you still see her as a 5 year old in pigtails.")
Anyway--suffice it to say --I will NEVER jump out of an airplane. Even if it's crashing. I'll take my chances.....

Rachel Bardwell said...

I would never have believed you if you didn't have those pictures to prove it.

You are now officially the coolest person I know.

Shelly said...

Emily, we have been trying to convince Jared (our 16yr old) that Austin is going to be a cool place to live... Your post confirmed it for him. HE'S ON BOARD with us!! After months of wishy-washy about the upcoming move, he's excited to check everything our. THANK YOU for being so CRAZY!!! -Shelly Cole