Thursday, July 26, 2007

Something that is Nothing

How are you living?
Are you living content with the fullness that is found in Him,
Or are you content with the fullness that leaves you empty.
I do run sometimes to nothing.
Do you hide when you get there like I sometimes do?
Why is this nothing, the nothing that I make into something?
Something that I long for instead of You.
Something that doesn't know me as well as You.
Something that fills me but only for awhile
Something that is nothing
Disguised as beauty my eyes are drawn to its attraction
My eyes are blinded by light that isn't pure
Once again I run to nothing
Hiding when I get there.

2 comments:

William Flinn said...

beautiful....and hard hitting. Oddly enough these sound like thoughts that have entered my own mind recently and yet I wonder why....why am I drawn to these other things?

-Thanks for sharing and helping one to realize that others are thinking the same

Leah said...

ooooooooo emily! Thanks for your comment...

i like your lyrics/poetry (i'm assuming it's a song) thanks for being vulnerable, i love that about you!