Saturday, July 07, 2007

Florida Trip

I took way too many pictures on this trip to post them all, so I made a slide show that will be at the end of the post.
The trip was amazing. It was suppose to start Friday June 22 but my flight was canceled because of weather and so instead of leaving at 6:00pm on Friday my flight left at 5:40 AM Saturday morning.
That's early.
WAY too early!
But my adrenaline was going and I was so excited to get out there I was able to get up and make my flight!
It was so great spending time with Christy and AJ. Right away the laughing started when they picked me up from the airport!
We stayed in Beverly Hills, FL where Christy's aunt and uncle live. (due to some disbelief that Beverly Hills Florida actually existed there is a picture to prove it!)
They have a really nice house with a pool and so right after we arrived at the house we ate lunch and got into our suits and hit the pool!
The next 9 days basically consisted of eating, going to the pool, going to the beach (gulf side), sleeping, watching movies, playing games. It was great!!!!
We went to a wildlife center that had manatees, alligators, different types of birds, and other animals.
Christy is known for her crocodile hunter imitation. So of course I made her do it when we saw that there were alligators at the wildlife center!

We also spent several days at Clearwater Beach. The beaches were beautiful! White sand, clean, the water was warm and amazing...aside from the big fish that would swim by us every once in awhile. yikes!
On our way to the beach one day we saw this guy...

Here is another video that I took the night we watched the sunset on the beach. BEAUTIFUL!!! I miss it SO much!

Dara met up with us in Tampa the last weekend of our trip. She lives about 3 hours or so away and so she joined us in the fun!
My flight coming back to Austin was delayed several hours because of bad weather. Not something that is fun to come back to when you just spent 10 days in the sun and warmth.
As you can tell from the pictures I got pretty dark. That's what usually happens in the summertime. Then people start thinking that I'm from some other country...seriously!
It has been really hard adjusting this week to being back to real life!
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be able to go and spend some quality time with amazing women!
Hope you enjoy the pictures! Click below to go through the slideshow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the picture of you doing your 'ride sally ride' imitation is my favorite. You got good and brown! Looks like you had a good time and made some good memories!

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I know you had too much fun to capture even in cyberspace. Glad your back--miss your posts.

Kelli B said...

my sister went to Clearwater in high school and LOVED it. I think my friend Drew lived there too - totally glad you ALSO enjoyed it!

i got your email...i'll get back to you soon girl!