Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Few Things...

Oh good gracious. It's been awhile since I've posted.
Welcome to 2010! CRAZINESS!

Here are some bullet points:

--today I've been missing my dad like crazy. I thought about him at lunch today. A friend said something about how unique my eyes were and the thought came across my mind..."what would dad have to say about my eyes." totally random. Then it started a yearning to hear him say "you're beautiful", just to hear his voice again. How would he say it, what words would he say...would he say it? I miss him.

--I'm yearning for God's word. Praying God's word, speaking God's word, memorizing God's word, encouraging with His word...I can't get enough.

--I LOVE worship. I love that I can sit by myself in my room and worship. I love that I can go to the handicap stall at work and throw my hands up in the air when I feel like walking out the doors. I love that I can stand in front of thousands, close my eyes and feel alone with the Lord. I love standing next to some amazing worship leaders and musicians who live out worship not just on stage. I love getting to pray and read and listen and learn. Worship feeds my soul and I'm thankful for freedom.

--I'm trying to do some rough recordings of some of my songs to put on a myspace music page. It's scary. It's like I'm being laid bare right out in front of everyone. It's a little vulnerable. But God is in it and I trust that He will do what He wants with my songs. I'll let you know when I'm ready to "release" it.

--I somehow got talked into running a 5k race in March. There are several things funny about this. #1 I'm NOT a runner. In fact I'm technically on Day 4 of my training program and since...uh...DAY 1 my shins hurt REAL bad. Seriously it's real painful to run/walk. It's making me want to give up. #2 I'm SO out of shape. It's been over a year since I worked out. (some of you are probably thinking...wow. or Gross...or that's not good....or whatever) I blame my weird health issues over the last year...but I also blame laziness.
We'll see how this plays out.

Ok. I'm done for now.

1 comment:

Connie said...

It's interesting that you were thinking about your dad at lunch break because that's probably about the same time I was over to grandma & grandpa's telling them about how my back had been hurting so bad and how Bill gave me a great back massage that relieved the tension and pain. Yeah, I said Bill instead of Don. hmmmmm...